activate an application in the system tray
Author Message
 activate an application in the system tray

Hi,

I would like to automate an application what's in the system tray (the
menu right down on the start-menu of Win95 and NT4), but I did not
found a way to activate such an application with shortcuts or with an
API function. Does somebody else know? The best would be a 16-bit
function..

Bye,
     Paul.

Mon, 17 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 activate an application in the system tray

Quote:
> I would like to automate an application what's in the system tray (the
> menu right down on the start-menu of Win95 and NT4), but I did not
> found a way to activate such an application with shortcuts or with an
> API function. Does somebody else know? The best would be a 16-bit
> function..

Unfortunately all I can think of is a 32 bit kludge.

Win 32 API:
mouse_event

Use the procedure to click on the icon in the task bar. Don't forget to
calculate the location of the icon in a resolution independant manner.

N Varacalli
--
The views expressed herein do not represent the views of my employer.

The Address in the header is mangled, delete appropriately.

To reach me via e-mail, try
NICHOLAS_VARACALLI at non-hp-Canada-om1.om.hp.com

Fri, 21 Jan 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Activating an application in the system tray

2. Q: Problems with System Tray functionality in VB5 and question about TaskBar/System Tray

3. System Tray application

4. How to build an application that sits only in the system tray

5. Application -> start in system tray

6. Minimizing an Application to the System Tray...

7. VB applications and system tray - help!

8. VB applications running in the System Tray?

9. Iconizing application to system tray

10. system tray - modifying icons belonging to other applications

11. Hotkeys from a system tray application

12. How to minimize application to system tray