trouble with Input #
Author Message
 trouble with Input #

I'm using Input # to read data from a simple file, created
with Notebook:  I have a few fields per record, separated by
blanks.  When I try to assign these fields to variables,
the first string variable seems to eat up the rest of the line,
blanks and all.  This is not the behavior advertised in the
documentation -- am I doing something wrong?

Deborah

Wed, 09 Jul 1997 01:32:11 GMT
 trouble with Input #

Quote:
> I'm using Input # to read data from a simple file, created
> with Notebook:  I have a few fields per record, separated by
> blanks.  When I try to assign these fields to variables,
> the first string variable seems to eat up the rest of the line,
> blanks and all.  This is not the behavior advertised in the
> documentation -- am I doing something wrong?

> Deborah

I discovered this about 2 weeks ago and called MS on it.  They admitted
it's a documentation error--blanks do *not* terminate an Input # error!

---
Anne Nolan    Boeing Computer Services-Richland  (Richland, WA)

Sat, 12 Jul 1997 01:06:43 GMT

1. trouble setting position in input file

2. Trouble with datachecking numeric input

3. comm control input output trouble

4. Trouble with Access 2.0 Trouble with VB 3

5. Trouble with Access 2.0 Trouble with VB 3

6. input for input (2)

7. **Need Help with User INPUT, ASCII Codes, INPUT String length

8. Formatting date input in Input Box

9. Input vs Input$

10. Help: INPUT / INPUT # for gopher/UNIX files

11. API Call - Minimized App To Test Input of Mouse And Key Input

12. how to detect how long without any input since last input action