activex properties
Author Message
 activex properties

Hi all, a fairly simple question (I hope) .... I have written a small
activeX control in VB6 pro, and I would like to make it as easy to use for
my boss as possible, now I see when I use the default controls on their
property page when I am designing a form.  That each property has a
descriptive hint displayed beneath the property pane on the right hand side
of the screen, my question is, how can I add these comments to my own code
so I could describe each property effectively ????

All answers gratefully received - Ciaran

Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 activex properties
From the Tools menu, select Procedure Attributes...
you can select which Function/Subroutine you want to edit the description
for, and type in your description in the field provided below the name. The
Advanced button will show you some other options that you can use, such as
Hide This Member which will keep it from being displayed in the Object
Browser; you may want to hide one or two functions if they're only used
internally to the code.

-- Keith Rudolph

Quote:
> Hi all, a fairly simple question (I hope) .... I have written a small
> activeX control in VB6 pro, and I would like to make it as easy to use for
> my boss as possible, now I see when I use the default controls on their
> property page when I am designing a form.  That each property has a
> descriptive hint displayed beneath the property pane on the right hand
side
> of the screen, my question is, how can I add these comments to my own code
> so I could describe each property effectively ????

> All answers gratefully received - Ciaran

Mon, 18 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. ActiveX Properties

2. Setting an ActiveX-property from a web-page?

3. activeX property

4. ActiveX Properties

5. Activex property page question

6. Mapping ActiveX Properties to database

7. ActiveX properties in ToolBox

8. Enumeration problem (ActiveX properties)

9. Accessing ActiveX properties from other forms

10. Q: How to limit values of an activeX property

11. ActiveX Property Listbox

12. C++ ActiveX Property returns VARIANT Array of BSTR for VBScript or JavaScript