comctl32.ocx not loading
Author Message
 comctl32.ocx not loading

Hi everybody

On loading projects with VB5  which need the comctl32.ocx ActiveX
control I always get the error message:

'D:\My Documents\.........\comctl32.ocx could not be loaded.'

I get an error message when I try to load the component manually from
Project-->Components which is very incomplete. The comonent is
registered.

I unregistered (regsvr32 /u comctl32.ocx), copied from the VB5 disk the
comctl32.ocx and comctl32.dep files and registered again (regsvr32
comctl32.ocx). I did this because I detected, that the one in
Windows\System was a newer one. But nothing helps. I cannot work with
the component.

Could it be that the comctl32.dll I have is incompatible with VB5? I
have downloaded and installed SP3 for VB5 but it doesn't help because
the service pack doesn't touch the comctl* files.

Does anybody have an idea?

Regards Thomas

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 comctl32.ocx not loading
Thomas,

I've had a very similar problem where if I move my files from my machine at my
desk (NT) to a lab machine (95) I get the error you listed below.

My solution was

1) to go ahead and load with the errors
2) remove the offending form from the project
3) add the comctl32.ocx to the components
4) add the form back to the project
5) save the project

then all was well.  I dont know why I had to do this but it worked.

toddl

Quote:

--
|  ____________           __      __    __          Todd Lindstrom      |
| /\____   ____\_____   __\ \   __\ \  /\ \    Raytheon Systems Company |

Tue, 28 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 comctl32.ocx not loading
See my self-answered message later in this newsgroup, the one with
subject line - can't load common controls.

I had pretty much the same problem, which I think has to do with
conflicting registry information on different versions of the control
comctl32.ocx. The solution described in that message will hopefully work
for you as well

                        MTW

Quote:

> Hi everybody

> On loading projects with VB5  which need the comctl32.ocx ActiveX
> control I always get the error message:

> 'D:\My Documents\.........\comctl32.ocx could not be loaded.'

> I get an error message when I try to load the component manually from
> Project-->Components which is very incomplete. The comonent is
> registered.

> I unregistered (regsvr32 /u comctl32.ocx), copied from the VB5 disk the
> comctl32.ocx and comctl32.dep files and registered again (regsvr32
> comctl32.ocx). I did this because I detected, that the one in
> Windows\System was a newer one. But nothing helps. I cannot work with
> the component.

> Could it be that the comctl32.dll I have is incompatible with VB5? I
> have downloaded and installed SP3 for VB5 but it doesn't help because
> the service pack doesn't touch the comctl* files.

> Does anybody have an idea?

> Regards Thomas

Thu, 30 Aug 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. comctl32.ocx not loaded problem

2. Transferring a VB5 project to another PC : COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded

3. 'comctl32.ocx' could not be loaded

4. COMCTL32.OCX could not be loaded

5. comctl32.ocx could not be loaded

6. COMCTL32.OCX Could Not Be Loaded

7. comctl32.ocx cannot be loaded...continue loading project?

8. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

9. Cant load Comdlg32.ocx or comctl32.ocx

10. Problems Loading Comctl32.ocx and Comdlg32.ocx

11. Dependency Files for comctl32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

12. COMCTL32.OCX cannot be loaded (VB5)