COM object scope -- Help
Author Message
 COM object scope -- Help

Quote:
>forgive me if Im way off base, but isnt this a good case for DDE? Dynamic
>Data Exchange right?   lets two or more applications share info just like
>computers on a network, one app could be the "Serial port messenger", the
>other apps could ask the port messenger to send/recieve data for them?

Personally I find ActiveX.Exes far easier to use than DDE, you can get
the same result, but with much cleaner code.

I have a strong suspicion that DDE is actually involved in
communication with ActiveX.Exes. Has anyone any ideas on this?

Thu, 04 May 1995 13:39:00 GMT

1. COM object scope -- Help

2. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as parameter

3. COM-Object in ASP with COM-Object as Parameter

4. Access a COM object of a COM object?

5. Accessing a COM object of a COM object

6. com object will not read registry when com object called from asp (vb works fine)

7. COM Object-Out of stack space on executing/shell exe from com object

8. Call VB DLL or COM object from within VB COM object or EXE

9. COM Component on Application Scope

10. Scope of database and workspace objects?

11. Tabledef object variable lost out of scope

12. Object Scope & Instantiation