Printer Object - Font problem
Author Message
 Printer Object - Font problem

I am using the printer object to print a set of numbers. It
seems to work fine the first time I print, but after the first
printing the font changes to some default font rather than the
one I chose in the code.

The code that chooses the font and font size is activated by
a click process (click on the button to print).

The code looks something like this:

Private Sub cmdPrintCombos_Click()
  Printer.FontName = "Arial"
  Printer.FontSize = 12
  Printer.CurrentX = 100
  Printer.CurrentY = 100
(then a bunch of For loops that print a set of numbers
using Printer.Print )
Printer.EndDoc

Has anyone else encountered this or have a solution?

-Jason

Fri, 03 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Object - Font problem

        Check out: Microsoft Knowledge Base: Q153125

        --or--

        http://www.microsoft.com/kb/articles/q153/1/25.htm

--
Jon Clegg

Quote:
> I am using the printer object to print a set of numbers. It
> seems to work fine the first time I print, but after the first
> printing the font changes to some default font rather than the
> one I chose in the code.

> The code that chooses the font and font size is activated by
> a click process (click on the button to print).

> The code looks something like this:

> Private Sub cmdPrintCombos_Click()
>   Printer.FontName = "Arial"
>   Printer.FontSize = 12
>   Printer.CurrentX = 100
>   Printer.CurrentY = 100
> (then a bunch of For loops that print a set of numbers
> using Printer.Print )
> Printer.EndDoc

> Has anyone else encountered this or have a solution?

> -Jason

Fri, 03 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Printer Object - Font problem

Quote:

>I am using the printer object to print a set of numbers. It
>seems to work fine the first time I print, but after the first
>printing the font changes to some default font rather than the
>one I chose in the code.

>The code that chooses the font and font size is activated by
>a click process (click on the button to print).

>The code looks something like this:

>Private Sub cmdPrintCombos_Click()
>  Printer.FontName = "Arial"
>  Printer.FontSize = 12
>  Printer.CurrentX = 100
>  Printer.CurrentY = 100
>(then a bunch of For loops that print a set of numbers
>using Printer.Print )
>Printer.EndDoc

>Has anyone else encountered this or have a solution?

>-Jason

Not the EXACT same problem, but I have found that I have to set the font
aftributes EVERY tim prior to doing a Printer.Print call.  If you don't, what
is printed doesn't follow the attributes you set up.  In other words, the font
attributes are apparently not persistant.

Place your Printer.Font* = ??? inside that for loop and try it.

In hope that this might help, but doubtful (no ones problems are exactly the
same ....

Sun, 05 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Printer.Font.Name and Printer.Font.Size problems with HP LaserJets

2. Problems with Printer.Font Object

3. Font Clipping To Printer Object Problems

4. Font Clipping To Printer Object Problems

5. Printer object and printer fonts

6. A HOW-TO: Setting Printer fonts: WAS Printer fonts

7. font transparent on printer object doesn't work

8. Using Fonts with the Printer object

9. printer object and available fonts

10. REQ: Font isn't transparant on Printer object in VB 5.0

11. printer object.Impossible to use fonts!

12. Why printer object won't stay reset to correct font/size