Different screen resolutions
Author Message
 Different screen resolutions

I asked the same question last week....
here's a couple of the replies I got....hope it helps...

John

There is also a review of Olectra Resizer in the "First
Looks" section of the same issue. It is a sophisticated
control which handles Resizing without any coding.

Download a 30 day eval from http://www.*-*-*.com/

Saeed

Quote:

> The (July?) 1998 issue of VBPJ has an article on building a resizing
> control - it is pretty in depth, and shows the code, etc. Would be worth
> checking out. It isn't up yet, but it should be available on DevX
> (www.devx.com) sooner or later...

> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Andrew L. Ayers - Visual Basic 5 3D Enthusiast
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

> Visit my webpage for the latest on Prometheus,
> a 3D Engine for Visual Basic:

> http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~andrewa

Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

Download a 30 day eval from http://www.klg.com/olectra/resizer

Saeed

Quote:

> The (July?) 1998 issue of VBPJ has an article on building a resizing
> control - it is pretty in depth, and shows the code, etc. Would be worth
> checking out. It isn't up yet, but it should be available on DevX
> (www.devx.com) sooner or later...

> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
> Andrew L. Ayers - Visual Basic 5 3D Enthusiast
> =-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-

> Visit my webpage for the latest on Prometheus,
> a 3D Engine for Visual Basic:

> http://www.goodnet.com/~andrewa

Fri, 08 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Different screen resolutions

Quote:

> I also decided to use this one on form load:

> If Screen.Width / Screen.TwipsPerPixelX = 640 Then
>     On Error Resume Next
>     For Each Control In Me
> 'resize the control to 80% size
>         Control.Width = Control.Width * 0.8
>         Control.Height = Control.Height * 0.8
>     Next Control
> End If

> You will need to add 2 more lines to move the control to a new location, I am
> working on that right now.  Something like control.top = control.top * .8
> and control.left = control.left * .8

> I'm also looking at changing it to include an autoresize for all screen
> resolutions.  Simply by setting that 0.8 to a percent based on screen size.

> I'll probably do it in a minute, but since I'm here something like:
> ResizePercent = (Screen.Width / Screen.TwipsPerPixelX) / 800
> That's "CURRENT SCREEN RESOLUTION (width) / "Width resolution I developed at"
> This gives me a percent to resize and reposition everything.

> If anyone wants to see this completed when I'm done, drop me a line and I'll
> send you a copy.

I did something similar (a bit more sophisticated) in PC
DiskMaster...  I use a similar thing to set size on form_load based on
current res.  The I use an array of a custom data type to "memorize"
the information and positions of all controls relative to the form.
Any time the form_resize events fires after that I use the array
information, original form size (and original data on each control in
the array), and form new size to calculate position and size
information for all controls.  I could probably separate the code and
turn it into an OCX but I'm too lazy... (or maybe not since I wrote
all the resizing code myself to avoid paying the 30 bucks someone
wanted for a resize OCX! :-)

--
24 hours in a day, 24 beers in a case... coincidence? I think not.

Paul Doherty CNA/CNE/MCP+I/MCSE
http://www.dfw.net/~pdoherty
Home of PC DiskMaster File/Dir Manager for Win95/98/NT4

Tue, 12 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Rezing Forms for Different Screen Resolutions

2. Any technique to display window form in different screen resolution

3. dealing with different screen resolutions

4. Adapting To Different Screen Resolutions?

5. Handiling Different Screen Resolution

6. Forms in different screen resolutions

7. Adjusting VB for different screen resolutions

8. Compensating for different screen resolutions

9. Handiling Different Screen Resolution

10. Adjusting forms / controls for different screen resolutions.

11. Compensating for Different Screen Resolutions

12. Sizing controls in different screen resolutions?