Error registering COMDLG32.OCX in Setup
Author Message
 Error registering COMDLG32.OCX in Setup

I'm developing in VB4.0, and most of my apps are "for my own use", but
recently I have tried to distribute some to other users. I'm using the
32-bit edition on Win95 (and so are all of the persons I am distributing
to). When I run the setup wizard, it puts all of the necessary files in
an installation directory, which I then share over the network, for
other users to install from (instead of using floppies). So far (once I
get them debugged, of course) my programs perform fine on my own PC.

The problem is that when the other users run SETUP.EXE and install the
application, they get an "Error registering COMDLG32.OCX" message, and
the application refuses to run. I know that this refers to the Win95
Common Dialog control (which I frequently use), but why won't it install
properly?

If it helps to know this, I did go through the VB5 CCE fiasco recently,
(i.e., downloaded and installed it, and then learned that it overwrites
certain system files from VB4.0). However, I removed VB5CCE and cleaned
things up with REGCLEAN, then re-installed VB4.0 so I should be in good
shape. Plus, I think that I had an installation fail in this same manner
before I installed VB5 CCE. Any help or pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

Douglas Abernathy
Lockheed Martin

Tue, 31 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Register problems, VB Setup dont register HTML.OCX, cant load or register

2. Problems registering comdlg32.ocx and comctl32.ocx

3. Setup Wiz (Registration Blues - mfc40.dll, grid32.ocx, comdlg32.ocx)

4. Error During VB 5.0 setup while registering MSRDC20.OCX

5. Error During VB 5.0 setup while registering MSRDC20.OCX

6. Setup error (registering OCX)

7. Error registering graph32.ocx using Setup Wizard

8. Error registering Crystl16.ocx during setup - HELP!!!

9. 'Unable to register COMDLG32.OCX'

10. Problems Registering COMDLG32.OCX

11. How do I register the comdlg32.ocx control..?

12. Trouble registering comdlg32.ocx