Flickering HourGlass during DDE
Author Message
 Flickering HourGlass during DDE

Good day all,

I am using VB3 Pro and have two VB apps that are passing information back and forth via DDE. While one of the applications is doing some modem communications the other app will be issueing DDE Link_Requests in a loop to see if there is any data for it. With each Link_Request the mouse pointer will toggle between an arrow and the hourglass. Is there a way of suppressing this?

Thanks for any assistance,

Frank Reali

Fri, 26 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Flickering HourGlass during DDE

Reali) threw this at us:

Quote:
>I am using VB3 Pro and have two VB apps that are passing information back and forth via DDE. While one of the applications is doing some modem communications the other app will be issueing DDE Link_Requests in a loop to see if there is any data for it. With each Link_Request the mouse pointer will toggle between an arrow and the hourglass. Is there a way of suppressing this?

I don't think so - but set the LinkMode to Notify. That way
you'll be notified when data arrives for you.

Jens
--
* Everything I said are the opinions of someone else.   *
* I just cut-and-pasted.                                *

Jens Balchen jr.       http://www.sn.no/~balchen

Fri, 26 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Flickering Hourglass during DDE

2. How to force VB to make cursor=hourglass during startup

3. How to force VB to make cursor=hourglass during startup

4. How to force VB to make cursor=hourglass during startup

5. Hourglass icon w/ DDE

6. Flickering screen during spellcheck of alternate sections

7. Flickering during repaint

8. Flicker during form resizing

9. flickering textbox during VB telnet app

10. vbHourglass flickers during data access

11. Listview is flickering during Listitems.add

12. TreeView: flicker during adding new nodes