Help-- question re textbox enabled=false
Author Message
 Help-- question re textbox enabled=false

When I set a textbox to enabled=false, the text is set to a light blue
color.  It's a little hard to read.

Is there any way to set that color to something else?  (No... setting
forecolor doesn't work.)  It's obviously a default setting somewhere,
but where??  And can I change it?

Thanks
Al

or

Mon, 15 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help-- question re textbox enabled=false

Quote:

> When I set a textbox to enabled=false, the text is set to a light blue
> color.  It's a little hard to read.

> Is there any way to set that color to something else?  (No... setting
> forecolor doesn't work.)  It's obviously a default setting somewhere,
> but where??  And can I change it?

> Thanks
> Al

> or

Open up the Control Panel, launch the Color applet, then take note
of the color of the word "Disabled".  Go ahead and change it there,
if you wish, but it can be different on each system.  If you want the
text to remain the normal color, but not allow any editing, use a
frame or picturebox as a container for the text box. Then set the
Frame, or picture box enabled property to false.

There are other methods, but this one is easily accomplished....

Larry Serflaten

Mon, 15 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help-- question re textbox enabled=false

It was on 26 Sep 1996 12:30:31 GMT, that p603258, wrote these mellifluous words,
full of wisdom and thoughtful reflections:

Quote:
>!<When I set a textbox to enabled=false, the text is set to a light blue
>!<color.  It's a little hard to read.
>!<Is there any way to set that color to something else?  (No... setting
>!<forecolor doesn't work.)  It's obviously a default setting somewhere,
>!<but where??  And can I change it?
>!<Thanks
>!<Al

>!<or

It is Windows color schemes setting. I am not sure if you would like to go this
way. What you would achieve by so doing is that ALL applications will inherit
it.

Consider using Locked=True to achieve almost the same effect as Enabled=False,
or place your textbox on a Frame/Panel and set the Frame/Panel property instead.

Hope, it helps.

Tue, 16 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help-- question re textbox enabled=false

  >When I set a textbox to enabled=false, the text is set to a light blue
  >color.  It's a little hard to read.

  Sure thing.  Leave it enabled, but:

1.      Set  the Locked property to True
2.      Set the tab stop property to false.

Wed, 17 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Help-- question re textbox enabled=false

Quote:
>It was on 26 Sep 1996 12:30:31 GMT, that p603258, wrote these mellifluous words,
>full of wisdom and thoughtful reflections:
>>!<When I set a textbox to enabled=false, the text is set to a light blue
>>!<color.  It's a little hard to read.
>>!<Is there any way to set that color to something else?  (No... setting
>>!<forecolor doesn't work.)  It's obviously a default setting somewhere,
>>!<but where??  And can I change it?
>>!<Thanks
>>!<Al

>>!<or

>It is Windows color schemes setting. I am not sure if you would like to go this
>way. What you would achieve by so doing is that ALL applications will inherit
>it.
>Consider using Locked=True to achieve almost the same effect as Enabled=False,
>or place your textbox on a Frame/Panel and set the Frame/Panel property instead.
>Hope, it helps.

Though not strictly an answer to you query, why not leave it enabled and type this in the Keypress
Event:

        KeyAscii = 0

It disables any attempts to to key in stuff into the text box.

To be really flash try MousePointer = 12 in the Click Event to bring the point home to the user.

VB3.0 : Windows 3.1 : DX4/100

Wed, 17 Mar 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Change mouse icon when textbox enabled = false

2. Enable=False without dimming text in textbox

3. Textbox - Enabled False - Font Color

4. Enabled = false color HELP!!!

5. enabled = false cmdbtn label color

6. TreeView.enabled = False

7. control.Enabled = False

8. Making a column enable = False

9. TreeView.Enabled = False

10. Modify default font for me.combobox.enable = false

11. Enable=False behavior?

12. combobox-enabled=false