TWAIN scanner Access?
Author Message
 TWAIN scanner Access?

Is there a way to access the twain driver in VB? I've seen some third
party stuff, but I'd imagine a call to the appropriate DLL would be
easier. I just want to have VB bring up the scanner's window and then take
the data into the app.

If there's a webpage for stuff like this, let me know, or drop me some
private email. Thanks!

   MMW: http://www.*-*-*.com/ ;JMP: http://www.*-*-*.com/
 "The stars above me are not real, they're just the sparks from smitten
steel, and I suppose, that forging is making that sound." - Michael Penn

Tue, 07 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TWAIN scanner Access?

Brian do a web search on eztwain or do an archie search on the same
There are lot's of examples out there. One of the best is the Wang
software. You can find pointer by a web search at microsoft.com.

Quote:

>Is there a way to access the twain driver in VB? I've seen some third
>party stuff, but I'd imagine a call to the appropriate DLL would be
>easier. I just want to have VB bring up the scanner's window and then take
>the data into the app.

>If there's a webpage for stuff like this, let me know, or drop me some
>private email. Thanks!

>   MMW: http://www.netspace.org/mmw  JMP: http://www.netspace.org/jmp
> "The stars above me are not real, they're just the sparks from smitten
>steel, and I suppose, that forging is making that sound." - Michael Penn

Wed, 08 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TWAIN scanner Access?

Just as a side note, does anyone know TWAIN stands for?
--
Chuck Stuart - Mesquite, TX
VBTrace32 - runtime procedure trace, cross reference, automatic error code,

Quote:

> Is there a way to access the twain driver in VB? I've seen some third
> party stuff, but I'd imagine a call to the appropriate DLL would be
> easier. I just want to have VB bring up the scanner's window and then
take
> the data into the app.

> If there's a webpage for stuff like this, let me know, or drop me some
> private email. Thanks!

>    MMW: http://www.netspace.org/mmw  JMP: http://www.netspace.org/jmp
>  "The stars above me are not real, they're just the sparks from smitten
> steel, and I suppose, that forging is making that sound." - Michael Penn

Wed, 08 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TWAIN scanner Access?

Quote:

>Just as a side note, does anyone know TWAIN stands for?
>--
>Chuck Stuart - Mesquite, TX

1.3 What doesTWAIN stand for?

TWAIN does not stand for anything -- it is not a true acronym. Since
"twain" means "two," one interpretation could be that TWAIN links
applications with scanners. If anyone has the official interpretation,
please submit it.

Back in October, 1995, there was a contest to come up with a
fictitious meaning for TWAIN as an acronym. By October 18, 1995 there
was a list of submissions which included, "Turbo Warp Access to
Imaging Nirvana," "The Working API for Imaging Negotiation,"
"Technology Wiring All Image-capturing Needs," and This Will All
Interconnect Nicely." I am not aware if a winner was finally declared.

[Garret Wilson, March 18, 1997]

See the following url for all you might want to know (ie see faq)
as well as free download of eztwain
http://www.mentorcomputer.com/twain/

Thu, 09 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TWAIN scanner Access?

Quote:
>Just as a side note, does anyone know TWAIN stands for?

I'm sure I read somewhere that it stands for...

Technology without an independant name.

Regards.
--
Julian

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TWAIN scanner Access?

Actually TWAIN stands for 'Technology Without An Interesting Name'.
--
Chuck Stuart - Mesquite, TX
VBTrace32 - runtime procedure trace, cross reference, automatic error code,
much more.
VB 3/4/5. Windows 3.1/95/NT. Download a free demo.
http://www.metronet.com/~cstuart

Quote:

> >Just as a side note, does anyone know TWAIN stands for?

> I'm sure I read somewhere that it stands for...

> Technology without an independant name.

> Regards.
> --
> Julian

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TWAIN scanner Access?

All I see in mags etc is Tool Without An Interesting Name!

Quote:
>Just as a side note, does anyone know TWAIN stands for?

--
frank bainbridge
eds ltd

Fri, 10 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TWAIN scanner Access?

Quote:
>Actually TWAIN stands for 'Technology Without An Interesting Name'.

You're right! I knew I was close though. ;-)

Regards.
--
Julian

Sat, 11 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TWAIN scanner Access?

TWAIN = Technology Without An Interesting Name
<G>
--
{ When God was passing out "Brains", I mis-understood and thought he said
"Trains" & quickly replied;
|All I see in mags etc is Tool Without An Interesting Name!
|

|>Just as a side note, does anyone know TWAIN stands for?

|--
|frank bainbridge
|eds ltd

Wed, 15 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 TWAIN scanner Access?

Quote:
> >Just as a side note, does anyone know TWAIN stands for?

> I'm sure I read somewhere that it stands for...

> Technology without an independant name.

I thought it was:

(T)echnology (W)ithout (A)n (I)nteresting (N)ame  = TWAIN

=)

Just my $0.02...
Will

Thu, 16 Dec 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing a Twain scanner in VB

2. Acquire, Twain Twain Twain and Twain Again.

3. Find a Direct Support for Hp Scanjet Twain Scanner

4. SCANNERS - TWAIN.DLLS

5. twain scanner

6. Twain Scanner Integration

7. Threading and TWAIN Scanners

8. Find a Direct Support for Hp Scanjet Twain Scanner

9. TWAIN HP/Scanner Inte

10. TWAIN HP/Scanner Interface

11. TWAIN scanner code to check

12. Need help with scanner/twain