LogonUser API function - question
Author Message
 LogonUser API function - question

I am trying to authenticate a user on Win NT4 using the LogonUser API
function, passing in a userid and password.

I realise that the process calling this function must have TCB privileges
which I do not have so I am writing this into an ActiveX exe that I can
install on a server with the required privilege and call using DCOM.  That
way any clients do not need to have the TCB privileges.

As there is no development server available yet, I decided to test it on my
NT4 workstation for the time being, just to check for bugs.  The logonuser
call fails every time (as expected) but I expected to get an access denied
error whereas GetLastError always returns zero.  Obviously I'll test it on a
development server evntually but I want to know if I can expect it to work...
as it stands I have my concerns!

Any ideas anyone please?

Ian

  http://www.*-*-*.com/ ,000+ groups

Mon, 27 Oct 2003 20:41:08 GMT

1. LogonUser Function

2. LogonUser function - help please!

3. LogonUser function declaration problem

4. LogonUser Function

5. LogonUser advapi32.dll function

6. LogonUser API Impersonation to SQL Server

7. Createprocesswithlogon and LogonUser APIs

8. Trouble with LogonUser API

9. LogonUser API problem

10. Repost: Help with LogonUser API call needed

11. LogonUser API help

12. LogonUser API call help needed