VB5 OLE -> Ms-Word 97 MailMerge
Author Message
 VB5 OLE -> Ms-Word 97 MailMerge

I'm creating a VB5 application wich uses OLE Automation to create a
mailmerge from VB.
First of all, I create a word object using CreateObject        Set Wd =
CreateObject(....
then I load the document
Wd.FileOpen "c:\Word.Doc"
then I try to tell word that this document will become the
main merge document
Wd.ActiveDocument.MailMerge MainDocumentType:=0
At this point I get the Error : Object doesn't support this property or
Method
The same goes for Wd.ActiveDocument.SendFax ...
Copying code from macro's in Word 6 works just fine.
Wd.MailMergeMainDocumentType 0 works just fine there.)

Can anybody give me a clue to what's going on or where I can find any
documentation about how to use this type of OLE ?
I'm using MS-Word 97 and VB 5 'the Enterprise Edition'
Thanks in advance,
Jurjen de Groot

Sat, 29 Apr 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. MailMerge Object in MS Word 97/VBScript

2. MailMerge from Access 97 to Word 97, value lost

3. Two problems with mailmerge from Access 97 to Word 97

4. MS Graph 5 OLE Automation in Word from Access 97

5. MS Word 97, VBA, WordToWed, DDE / OLE

6. Printing VB5 / Access 97 reports in MS Word

7. Sending text to Word 97 from Access 97 using OLE automation

8. MailMerge & OpenDataSource in word 97

9. VB6 Word 97 Mailmerge

10. Access 97 connection with MS Word 97

11. Word 97 Macros > Word XP Macros

12. Word 97 --> Word 2000 problem