(Need help on How to) Dial up to a remote computer to FTP download files
Author Message
 (Need help on How to) Dial up to a remote computer to FTP download files

I am doing a small project to download file from remote computer. What
I have to do is to first establish dial up connection with the remote
computer. The next step is to download files from that remote computer
using FTP.

I have downloaded some sample source codes from the Net so far, but I
can't get one that is able to fulfill my needs. For dial up
connection, i need it to be able to let user cancel dialing, able to
trace the connection status all the time, and the dial up is activated
by timer, no user intervention is allowed except cancel the dialing
attemp.

Any idea where I can find one to fit this? Or anyone kind enough to
share with me the source codes?

Thank you.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 (Need help on How to) Dial up to a remote computer to FTP download files

Quote:

>I am doing a small project to download file from remote computer. What
>I have to do is to first establish dial up connection with the remote
>computer. The next step is to download files from that remote computer
>using FTP.

>I have downloaded some sample source codes from the Net so far, but I
>can't get one that is able to fulfill my needs. For dial up
>connection, i need it to be able to let user cancel dialing, able to
>trace the connection status all the time, and the dial up is activated
>by timer, no user intervention is allowed except cancel the dialing
>attemp.

>Any idea where I can find one to fit this? Or anyone kind enough to
>share with me the source codes?

>Thank you.

We have a RAS dialer control as part of our freeware SocketWrench
package, which you can download from our site at
http://www.catalyst.com. Using the control, you can enumerate the
available connectoids, specify alternate phone numbers, usernames and
passwords, etc. The DIALER sample that's included will demonstrate the
basics of establishing and monitoring the connection, and you should
find it easy to modify from there.

We also have a free utility for optimizing dial-up networking
connections. It'll allow you to change the configuration of the
Microsoft stack to give you better performance over the Internet. The
software, and a discussion of how it works, is available from the
SocketTips section of our site.

David

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 (Need help on How to) Dial up to a remote computer to FTP download files
This site helped me write an extreemly complicated dialer...
I think you will find everything and more than you wanted to know at:
http://home.iprimus.com.au/billmcc/PlatformVB/Default.htm

Quote:
> I am doing a small project to download file from remote computer. What
> I have to do is to first establish dial up connection with the remote
> computer. The next step is to download files from that remote computer
> using FTP.

> I have downloaded some sample source codes from the Net so far, but I
> can't get one that is able to fulfill my needs. For dial up
> connection, i need it to be able to let user cancel dialing, able to
> trace the connection status all the time, and the dial up is activated
> by timer, no user intervention is allowed except cancel the dialing
> attemp.

> Any idea where I can find one to fit this? Or anyone kind enough to
> share with me the source codes?

> Thank you.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. (Need help on How to) Dial up to a remote computer to FTP download files

2. (Need help on How to) Dial up to a remote computer to FTP download files

3. WinAPI locks up entire computer when downloading file through FTP

4. WinAPI locks up entire computer when downloading file through FTP

5. WinAPI locks up entire computer when downloading file through FTP

6. WinAPI locks up entire computer when downloading file through FTP

7. dial a remote computer

8. downloading file without pop-ups

9. Forcing a Dial-Up Disconnect on Remote Computer

10. Need some VB FTP file download source ASAP!!

11. Help Running a file from a remote computer.

12. Help Downloading a file from a ftp