Why a picturebox instead of form
Author Message
 Why a picturebox instead of form

Practically every example with graphical API functions (BitBlt, LineTo,
etc...) use a PictureBox as DC, why not a form? Is there a major advantage
to it?

Thanks,
{*filter*}dude

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Why a picturebox instead of form

i bet its because of the overhead       no doubt a picturebox uses half the
memory of a form

> Practically every example with graphical API functions (BitBlt, LineTo,
> etc...) use a PictureBox as DC, why not a form? Is there a major advantage
> to it?

> Thanks,
> {*filter*}dude

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Why a picturebox instead of form
So using a picturebox (nearly) the size of my form would be smart thing to
do?

Quote:

> i bet its because of the overhead       no doubt a picturebox uses half
the
> memory of a form

> --

> > Practically every example with graphical API functions (BitBlt, LineTo,
> > etc...) use a PictureBox as DC, why not a form? Is there a major
advantage
> > to it?

> > Thanks,
> > {*filter*}dude

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Why a picturebox instead of form

Quote:
> So using a picturebox (nearly) the size of my form would be smart thing to
> do?

No. The second poster was incorrect. The only reason that pictureBoxes are
normally used is that is is easier for the pupil to place graphics, etc,
with a normal control, than it would be with a form's DC. There is no
difference in the results; if you are looking to paint over your form, I
suggest you use the form's DC.

steve

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 Why a picturebox instead of form
Okay thank you very much.

Quote:
> > So using a picturebox (nearly) the size of my form would be smart thing
> > do?

> No. The second poster was incorrect. The only reason that pictureBoxes are
> normally used is that is is easier for the pupil to place graphics, etc,
> with a normal control, than it would be with a form's DC. There is no
> difference in the results; if you are looking to paint over your form, I
> suggest you use the form's DC.

> steve

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

2. Contacts using old form instead of new customized form

3. Help! Why RTF instead of Plain Text

4. SortedList, Why Parenthesis instead of Brackets?

5. why javascript instead of vbscript?

6. ~Why should one use VB instead of DELHPI?

7. Why to use a TextBox instead of a RichTextBox

8. ~Why should one use VB instead of DELHPI?

9. Why Windows help file instead of HTTP?

10. Why Use dbList instead of msFlexGrid?

11. Newbie: Why use Access instead of VB to create front end

12. why why why why