creating screensavers in visual basic
Author Message
 creating screensavers in visual basic

 I would like to how to create an screensavers in Visual Basic 5.0 under
windows 95 platform with 32mb Ram

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 creating screensavers in visual basic
i have an example of how to make a screensaver in a VB3 book used under
Windows 3.1, but i think the same principles apply. if it does....
startwith Sub Main that checks the command line to see which switch is set
(/c - display setup dialog  or /s - run the screensaver)
in the Application Title, the name must start with "SCRNSAVE" and the name
you wantto appear in the list of screensaver modules in the Control Panel.
when u compile to make EXE, save it as an SCR extension and copy the file to
the Windows directory. most screensavers names start with SS (but its not a
requirement).

hope this helps (and works)

trippz

Quote:
> I would like to how to create an screensavers in visual basic 5.0 under
> windows 95 platform with 32mb Ram

> --

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 creating screensavers in visual basic

Quote:

> I would like to how to create an screensavers in visual basic 5.0 under
>windows 95 platform with 32mb Ram

Create you app in VB,
compile to a EXE,  But instead of using
the extension .EXE you have to have the
extension of .SCR
There you have it !

Jeff

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 creating screensavers in visual basic
Seems writing screensavers are popular lately,

my problem  is something different, someone knows how to open a website from
VB, while I keep my application on top and send an email in another thread
(VB6)  ;-)

Thanks,

Pete

Quote:
> I would like to how to create an screensavers in visual basic 5.0 under
> windows 95 platform with 32mb Ram

> --

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 creating screensavers in visual basic
You can download a full working demo screensaver project (into which you
can put your own code for the actual graphics etc) from

http://www.arcatapet.com/vb.html

It does passwords, ctl-alt-del, thumbnail preview, the whole works.
Don Bradner and I created it because of all the interesting undocumented
stuff we had to figure out to do it.

Jim Deutch
MS Dev MVP

Quote:

> I would like to how to create an screensavers in visual basic 5.0 under
>windows 95 platform with 32mb Ram

>--

Sat, 06 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 creating screensavers in visual basic
Yup... But there is also some other stuff included...
I wrote a screensaver to show MPG, MOV, AVI, etc. movies as the screensaver,
and the parameters are almost as you say:
There is a number after each of them, probably some control handle or
something... Try this:

SUB MAIN()
  msgbox("I just got started with theese
parameters:"+vbCrLf+command$,vbOkOnly+vbInformation,"Screensaver!"
  end
END SUB

Then you can try it out yourself, click some buttons and see what parameters
that are passed to your proggie :)
Just remember to make it an .SCR file and place it in your system directory
:)

// Christopher

Quote:
> i have an example of how to make a screensaver in a VB3 book used under
> Windows 3.1, but i think the same principles apply. if it does....
> startwith Sub Main that checks the command line to see which switch is set
> (/c - display setup dialog  or /s - run the screensaver)
> in the Application Title, the name must start with "SCRNSAVE" and the name
> you wantto appear in the list of screensaver modules in the Control Panel.
> when u compile to make EXE, save it as an SCR extension and copy the file
> the Windows directory. most screensavers names start with SS (but its not
> requirement).

> hope this helps (and works)

> trippz

> > I would like to how to create an screensavers in visual basic 5.0 under
> > windows 95 platform with 32mb Ram

> > --

Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 creating screensavers in visual basic
wow, that would be some useful code (not just for a screensaver)

trippz

Quote:
> You can download a full working demo screensaver project (into which you
> can put your own code for the actual graphics etc) from

> http://www.arcatapet.com/vb.html

> It does passwords, ctl-alt-del, thumbnail preview, the whole works.
> Don Bradner and I created it because of all the interesting undocumented
> stuff we had to figure out to do it.

> Jim Deutch
> MS Dev MVP

> > I would like to how to create an screensavers in visual basic 5.0 under
> >windows 95 platform with 32mb Ram

> >--

Sun, 07 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 creating screensavers in visual basic
This works for me...
As stated before, create your program and compile it with the .scr
extension.
You need to include a module in your project, and set the start up
properties to sub main.Windows uses different command line parameters for
preview,settings, and starting the saver, so put this code in the module -
This assumes you do not want a preview, your settings form is called
"frmSet", and your actual screen saver form is called "frmSaver".
(I got this code off of Planet source code - I can't remember who posted it.
Sorry.)

Dim strCmdLine As String
       strCmdLine = Left(Command, 2)

       'Preview
       If strCmdLine = "/p" Then

        End
       'Settings
       ElseIf strCmdLine = "/c" Then

         frmSet.Show

      Else
           'Start the saver
           frmSaver.Show

       End If

   End Sub

Also, frmsaver should have the following in it's Form_Load:

'If it's running, don't start it again
If App.PrevInstance Then
End
 End If

Hope this helps,
Joe

Quote:

>  I would like to how to create an screensavers in visual basic 5.0 under
> windows 95 platform with 32mb Ram

> --

Wed, 10 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 creating screensavers in visual basic
how do you check the command line?

Quote:
> i have an example of how to make a screensaver in a VB3 book used under
> Windows 3.1, but i think the same principles apply. if it does....
> startwith Sub Main that checks the command line to see which switch is set
> (/c - display setup dialog  or /s - run the screensaver)
> in the Application Title, the name must start with "SCRNSAVE" and the name
> you wantto appear in the list of screensaver modules in the Control Panel.
> when u compile to make EXE, save it as an SCR extension and copy the file
> the Windows directory. most screensavers names start with SS (but its not
> requirement).

> hope this helps (and works)

> trippz

> > I would like to how to create an screensavers in visual basic 5.0 under
> > windows 95 platform with 32mb Ram

> > --

Wed, 17 Apr 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 creating screensavers in visual basic

Quote:
> how do you check the command line?

Try this:

Private Sub Form Load
    Dim CmdLine As String
    CmdLine = Command()
    Msgbox "This app was called with the param(s) - " & CmdLine
End Sub

Hope this helps,

    Mike

Thu, 18 Apr 2002 02:00:00 GMT

1. visual basic screensaver password

2. Visual Basic 5 Screensavers...

3. Visual Basic Screensaver Tips

4. Using Visual basic to make screensavers

5. App.previnstance problem with Screensaver in visual basic

6. DDE/Screensaver between Visual basic applications

7. DDE/Screensaver between Visual basic applications

8. DDE/Screensaver between Visual basic applications

9. Creating a Visual Basic Event in Visual C++

10. ActiveX created in Visual C++ 6 gives problems in Visual Basic 6

11. I want to create a component but how with visual basic or visual c

12. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both