VB5: convert VB file handle to OS file handle
Author Message
 VB5: convert VB file handle to OS file handle

Hello.  I have not been able to find any information about converting a
VB file handle to a file handle that can be used with API file routines
like ReadFile, WriteFile, etc.  Any information appreciated.

chris judge

Tue, 08 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: convert VB file handle to OS file handle

schreibt:

Quote:
> I have not been able to find any information about converting a
>VB file handle to a file handle that can be used with API file routines

Perhaps you can create compatible file handles with FreeFile(1), but the
documentation really is very incomplete with this topic :-(

DoDi

Wed, 09 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB5: convert VB file handle to OS file handle

Quote:

> Perhaps you can create compatible file handles with FreeFile(1), but the
> documentation really is very incomplete with this topic :-(

True, bad documentation, but FreeFile(1) doesn't solve the problem.  I
ended up simply opening the file with CreateFile and doing all of my
file handling via the API.

chris

Sat, 12 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. C File Handle and OS File Handle

2. OS file handle versus C file handle

3. Q: Convert file handle pointer to file number in VB

4. Diff between Pocket PC OS / Handled PC OS/ Embedded NT OS

5. from VB file number to VC file handle

6. Help Wanted Handling *.ini files without converting to uppercase or lowercase

7. VB5 CGI Remote File Handling

8. VB5 - GetSetting corrupts file handle management????

9. Access to O/S file handle in VB5

10. Access to O/S file handle in VB5

11. Modifying Insert File to Handle Mutiple Files

12. File Open - doesn't handle multiple files!