Visual Basic for Pegasus/Windows CE development?
Author Message
 Visual Basic for Pegasus/Windows CE development?

Is there a VB for developing Windows CE apps in the works? Visual
C++ isn't a RAD environment, let alone the CE SDK! Even if it's
more like VB/DOS than VB 5, especially since VB/DOS' ISAM API
looks like it would translate fairly well to Windows CE's object
store API. (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

Wed, 16 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic for Pegasus/Windows CE development?

I few months ago (maybe 5 or 6) I saw articles on the CE and VB site that
said something about "in future" releases.  VB will need to be VERY! light
weight to support CE.  I also read the CE 2.0 will be out next year.  Only
if MS does something like VB5CCE for Windows CE will we ever see something.
 At this point only a real insider would have a clue.  I am sure that CE
sales will have a lot to do with this as well.

Enzo Maini

Quote:
> Is there a VB for developing Windows CE apps in the works? Visual
> C++ isn't a RAD environment, let alone the CE SDK! Even if it's
> more like VB/DOS than VB 5, especially since VB/DOS' ISAM API
> looks like it would translate fairly well to Windows CE's object
> store API. (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

> --

> WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're
coming  to
> because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me away,
ha ha!

Thu, 17 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic for Pegasus/Windows CE development?

I personally don't have the info, but here's my boss's email.
His name is shawn, and i believe he knows something about the
windows CE sdk.

Quote:

>Is there a VB for developing Windows CE apps in the works? Visual
>C++ isn't a RAD environment, let alone the CE SDK! Even if it's
>more like VB/DOS than VB 5, especially since VB/DOS' ISAM API
>looks like it would translate fairly well to Windows CE's object
>store API. (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

>--

>WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to
>because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me away, ha ha!

Fri, 18 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Visual Basic for Pegasus/Windows CE development?

Microsoft is rumored to be working on a VB package for WinCE.

Quote:

>Is there a VB for developing Windows CE apps in the works? Visual
>C++ isn't a RAD environment, let alone the CE SDK! Even if it's
>more like VB/DOS than VB 5, especially since VB/DOS' ISAM API
>looks like it would translate fairly well to Windows CE's object
>store API. (Well, I can dream, can't I?)

>--

>WARNING: I cannot be held responsible for the above        They're   coming  to
>because  my cats have  apparently  learned to type.        take me away, ha ha!

Tue, 22 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Visual Basic for Pegasus/Windows CE development?

2. Visual Basic for Pegasus/Windows CE development?

3. Visual Basic for Pegasus/Windows CE development?

4. Pegasus/Windows CE development

5. Pegasus/Windows CE development

6. Windows CE development in Visual Basic 5.0

7. Development Visual Basic Components on Windows CE

8. Windows Ce Toolkit for Visual Basic 6.0

9. Windows CE & Visual Basic 6

10. Visual Basic for Windows CE

11. Windows CE Tookit For Visual Basic

12. Windows CE Tookit For Visual Basic