interfacing VB and matlab...need advice
Author Message
 interfacing VB and matlab...need advice

Hi,

is there a way to get VB progs to call matlab routines? Right now, I'm
using VB as the gui for a spectrogram analyzer and matlab for the
intensive calculations, but both are working independently. Any advice on
how to integrate the two would be appreciated.

thanks,

Pat Lu

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 interfacing VB and matlab...need advice
Pat,
Isn't MATLAB OLE enabled? Take a look at the beast in the Obj Browser and
see what
bright flashes illuminate the grey matter ;-)  If not OLE enabled can you
ferret out its menu
commands with Spy++ and send WM_COMMANDS where necessary or
Sendkeys/Pushkeys
where desperate???
Neila
Quote:

>Hi,

>is there a way to get VB progs to call matlab routines? Right now, I'm
>using VB as the gui for a spectrogram analyzer and matlab for the
>intensive calculations, but both are working independently. Any advice on
>how to integrate the two would be appreciated.

>thanks,

>Pat Lu

Tue, 27 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 interfacing VB and matlab...need advice

Quote:

>Hi,

>is there a way to get VB progs to call matlab routines? Right now, I'm
>using VB as the gui for a spectrogram analyzer and matlab for the
>intensive calculations, but both are working independently. Any advice on
>how to integrate the two would be appreciated.

>thanks,

>Pat Lu

there's some documentation of this in the books.  i've done it in matlab 5.2
and 5.3.  i think the book is called "application programming guide" or
something like that.

from memory:

Dim Matlab as Object

Set Matlab = CreateObject("Matlab.Application")

'some of my code
Call Matlab.PutFullMatrix("outwavs", "base", outwavs, junkspec)
result = Matlab.Execute("[outspecs]=resamp(inwavs, inspecs, outwavs);")
Call Matlab.GetFullMatrix("outspecs", "base", outspecs, junkspec)

'clean up
Matlab.Quit
Set Matlab = Nothing

note that starting matlab will likely take longer than executing the code.
our solution has been to use matcom (www.mathtools.com) to translate matlab
to c++.  works well, although matcom's recently gotten rather expensive.

Wed, 28 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 interfacing VB and matlab...need advice
Hi,

 Can anyone tell me how to execute a matlab file directly of the web?
whenever i make a hperlink i get the matlab editor window opened
instead.

thiru

Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/

Sun, 02 Dec 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Advice needed from VB veterans concerning Registry Adjustments in VB 5

2. VB 5.0 and MATLAB 5.2

3. LINKING MATLAB WITH VB

4. DDE VB - Matlab

5. VB 5.0 and Matlab 5.2

6. ActiveX call (VB to Matlab) executed but doesn't return...sometimes

7. Interface design advice wanted

8. Interface design advice wanted

9. Need VB Version Advice

10. Object Oriented VB - Need advice

11. VB.NET and ADO Advice Needed

12. need advice to convert VB app to ASP!