Accessing special characters in True Type fonts
Author Message
 Accessing special characters in True Type fonts

System: VB 3.0 /Windows 95 (Korean)

Sorry still using VB 3...

I have a Korean true type font called "Batang " that is about 1 MB. When
I look at the special characters in this font using MS Word's Insert
Special Character function, I can see some Japanese characters. I'd like
to access these characters in Visual Basic. Anybody know how I'd do
that?

Thanks

Mike Cribb

Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing special characters in True Type fonts
First, you need to find what the ASCII code is for the desired
character(s). Go to Programs/Accessories/Charcter Map and click the
desired Character. Look at the bottom right border of the window and you
will see something like 'Keystroke: Alt + 0215' To print this character
from VB,
 print chr$(215);

Hope this helps,
        -JJ
(e-mail [hopefully] spam-resistant - for REAL one, change flashnet to
flash)

Quote:

> System: VB 3.0 /Windows 95 (Korean)

> Sorry still using VB 3...

> I have a Korean true type font called "Batang " that is about 1 MB. When
> I look at the special characters in this font using MS Word's Insert
> Special Character function, I can see some Japanese characters. I'd like
> to access these characters in Visual Basic. Anybody know how I'd do
> that?

> Thanks

> Mike Cribb

Tue, 09 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing special characters in True Type fonts
Joe, thanks for your reply. However, the characters I want to access are
all above 255 which is the maximum Chr$() can accept. They have codes like
"0xABE8" etc. Any ideas?

Thanks

Mike Cribb

Wed, 10 Oct 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Typing special characters

2. GDI - Text Bounding Box - True Type Fonts

3. Installing True Type Fonts

4. How to install True Type Fonts In Win 3.1 with VB3

5. HOW CAN I VIEW A FONT FILE (TRUE TYPE)

6. DOS FONTS TO TRUE TYPE

7. Can't print symbol true type fonts.

8. How to view/print fonts true type?

9. Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?

10. VIEW A TTF FILE (True Type Font) with VB 3/4/5

11. Problem with printing true-type fonts with VB4.0

12. Distributing True Type Fonts?