Send keystrokes to DOS app?
Author Message
 Send keystrokes to DOS app?

I need to be able to send keystrokes to a DOS app, running full screen,
and potentially using graphics, not just character mode.  I think I've
given up hope of using SendKeys - does anybody know of a way to do this
using the Win API, or any other way for that matter?

My app will be 16 bit running under Windows 3.1x.  PROBABLY will be VB
3.0 just keep the DLL sizes down, but... I've got 4.0, too, and will use
it if I need to.

Tue, 02 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Send keystrokes to DOS app?

Quote:

>I need to be able to send keystrokes to a DOS app, running full screen,
>and potentially using graphics, not just character mode.  I think I've
>given up hope of using SendKeys - does anybody know of a way to do this
>using the Win API, or any other way for that matter?

You can't directly use SendKeys, as noted.  You CAN put the text on the
clipboard (Clipboard.SetText) and then Sendkeys "% EP" which will
"paste" the text as if it had been typed.  I don't know if this will
work in DOS full-screen mode, but it is ok in the DOS-box window.

Tue, 02 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Send keystrokes to DOS app?

: >I need to be able to send keystrokes to a DOS app, running full screen,
: >and potentially using graphics, not just character mode.  I think I've
: >given up hope of using SendKeys - does anybody know of a way to do this
: >using the Win API, or any other way for that matter?

somebody i worked with once metioned some sort of Keystrokes-to-Dos VBX
of some sort.  ive never seen it, but it may be worth looking for for ya..

regards,

adrian

--
 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%
  i keep six honest serving men          \/

    and how and where and who. (kipling) /\
 %%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%%

Fri, 05 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Send keystrokes to DOS app?

Quote:
>I need to be able to send keystrokes to a DOS app, running full screen,
>and potentially using graphics, not just character mode.  I think I've
>given up hope of using SendKeys - does anybody know of a way to do this
>using the Win API, or any other way for that matter?

>My app will be 16 bit running under Windows 3.1x.  PROBABLY will be VB
>3.0 just keep the DLL sizes down, but... I've got 4.0, too, and will use
>it if I need to.

I would like to know how to read one or more characters FROM a
DOS-applications using an DLL or VBX... So no cutting and pasting but
a code form a character...

gr Bart

Fri, 05 Jun 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. How to sent a keystroke to a dos-app started with the shell function in vb6

2. Help: Keystrokes fm win app to dos app

3. Sending keystrokes to a DOS program using VB6

4. Sending Keystrokes to a DOS Program

5. Sending keystrokes to a DOS Window...

6. Sending keystrokes and receiving data from a DOS program

7. HELP: Sending Keystrokes to DOS???

8. Problem using sendkeys command to send keystrokes to DOS application

9. Sending Keystrokes to a DOS program:HELP!!

10. How to send Keystrokes to a DOS program

11. Sending KEYSTROKES to a DOS window

12. Sending keystrokes to an MS-DOS program