Extracting data from two tables - same database
Author Message
 Extracting data from two tables - same database

Help me if you can.

I am trying to program in VB 3.00 Pro.

I have searched high and low for a means of extracting (and
displaying) data from two tables of the same MS Access database. I
haven't gone into Access, I am working from the VB environment.

Each of the tables has an identical Item_Code field and I was hoping
to utilise this feature to extract data from at least two tables,
having the identical Item_Code field value, via an SQL statement. If
it can't be done via an SQL then via code.

I have gone through the manual, FAQ, Knowledge Base and MS Tips &
Techniques - without success - I feel as though I am chasing my tail..

I must be missing the obvious, so if anyone can assist in any way I
would be most appreciative.

Thanks in advance.

Regards,

Sat, 31 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Extracting data from two tables - same database

If you are asking for the SQL Syntax on how to retrieve data from two
tables then use the syntax below.

SELECT A.Item_Code, B.Item_Code FROM A, B WHERE A.Item_Code = B.Item_Code

> Help me if you can.

> I am trying to program in VB 3.00 Pro.

> I have searched high and low for a means of extracting (and
> displaying) data from two tables of the same MS Access database. I
> haven't gone into Access, I am working from the VB environment.

> Each of the tables has an identical Item_Code field and I was hoping
> to utilise this feature to extract data from at least two tables,
> having the identical Item_Code field value, via an SQL statement. If
> it can't be done via an SQL then via code.

> I have gone through the manual, FAQ, Knowledge Base and MS Tips &
> Techniques - without success - I feel as though I am chasing my tail..

> I must be missing the obvious, so if anyone can assist in any way I
> would be most appreciative.

> Thanks in advance.

> Regards,

Sat, 31 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Extracting data from two tables - same database.

2. Manipulating Data in a Form with Two Tables from database

3. Query data from tables in two different databases

4. sql query to move data between two databases with the same table structure

5. Getting data from two tables in different databases

6. Two tables, two databases

7. Linking two Access tables in two databases

8. Linking two tables from two diferent databases.

9. Joining two tables from two databases

10. Trying to bind data from two different tables to two different controls

11. Extract table data to Access table

12. Table join between two tables in different databases