Only One MDI Form allowed - run-time error 426
Author Message
 Only One MDI Form allowed - run-time error 426

 I have and MDI form ( frmMain ) with a statusbar and a sub,
ushStatusBar( str as String ).  I want to update the statusbar in my child
forms, but when I use it ( frmMain.PushStatusBar( "Wait" ) ) I get the error
message "Only One MDI Form allowed - run-time error 426" .
I only have one MDI form - I think.  Any suggestions?
--

Kevin Owens

Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Only One MDI Form allowed - run-time error 426

 Kevin Owens,
    ... you fool.
...already loaded an instance of the parent form using a variable ( Set
fMainForm = New frmMain ) -- that being the case, you must reference the
form using the variable name instead of the formname.   Correct syntax is :
fMainForm.PushStatusBar( "Wait" ).

--

Kevin Owens

Quote:
> I have and MDI form ( frmMain ) with a statusbar and a sub,
>ushStatusBar( str as String ).  I want to update the statusbar in my child
>forms, but when I use it ( frmMain.PushStatusBar( "Wait" ) ) I get the
error
>message "Only One MDI Form allowed - run-time error 426" .
>I only have one MDI form - I think.  Any suggestions?
>--

>Kevin Owens

Thu, 24 Feb 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Only one MDI Form allowed (Error 426)

2. VB (Run-time error '426' - "Only one MDI Form allowed")

3. Allow MDI Child form to overlap Aligned Picture Box in MDI Form

4. Allow MDI Child form to overlap Aligned Picture Box in MDI Form

5. Only One MDI Form Allowed

6. Allow MDI Child form to overlap Aligned Picture Box in MDI Form

7. Only One MDI Form Allowed

8. Help: Change a MDI child's parent MDI form at run-time

9. Error 426

10. More about error 426: ActiveX Component Can't Create Object

11. Error 426 Microsoft Transaction Server

12. making a mdi form a form during run time with click event