Setting Printer.PaperBin gives Error
Author Message
 Setting Printer.PaperBin gives Error

VB4/32 Enterprise/Win95

I have a program in which I want to dynamically set the PaperBin property
of the default Windows printer.

The code I am using is, in part:
.
                  Printer.PaperBin = vbPRBNLargeCapacity ' = 11

.

Whenever I try to run this I get the following error:

Run-time Error '380'.
Invalid Property Value.

I can display the property, and can set other properties, such as Copies.

This *is* a valid PaperBin setting for this printer (BTW, I have tried
other settings and they all get the same error).

It is like it is saying that this property is not modifiable at run time.

I can set it using the Common Control with no problems.

Any ideas?

Sat, 25 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Printer.PaperBin gives Error

I believe you must do

Printer.Killdoc

first. Same as changing the paper size or orientation....

  >VB4/32 Enterprise/Win95
  >
  >I have a program in which I want to dynamically set the PaperBin property
  >of the default Windows printer.
  >
  >The code I am using is, in part:
  >.
  >                  Printer.PaperBin = vbPRBNLargeCapacity ' = 11
  >
  >.
  >
  >Whenever I try to run this I get the following error:
  >
  >Run-time Error '380'.
  >Invalid Property Value.
  >
  >I can display the property, and can set other properties, such as Copies.
  >
  >This *is* a valid PaperBin setting for this printer (BTW, I have tried
  >other settings and they all get the same error).
  >
  >It is like it is saying that this property is not modifiable at run time.
  >
  >I can set it using the Common Control with no problems.
  >
  >Any ideas?

Sat, 25 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Printer.PaperBin gives Error

I tried this and still no good, I have no trouble with Orientation, etc,
only with PaperBin.

Any other ideas?

Quote:
>I believe you must do

>Printer.Killdoc

>first. Same as changing the paper size or orientation....

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Setting Printer.PaperBin gives Error

I tried this and still no good, I have no trouble with Orientation, etc,
only with PaperBin.

Any other ideas?

Quote:
>I believe you must do

>Printer.Killdoc

>first. Same as changing the paper size or orientation....

Sun, 26 Sep 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Answer: Getting Printer PaperBin/PaperSize settings

2. Set the printer PaperBin and PaperSize

3. Printer.PaperSize, Printer.PaperBin

4. Changing Printers (was Re: Getz code error/setting printer info)

5. Setting a text box control gives error 2115

6. select paperbin of printer

7. Label Control Set to a NULL gives an BAD Error

8. Need an API to get the Printers PaperBin Names

9. I still Need an API to get the Printers PaperBin Names

10. Changing PaperBin for the default printer

11. Printer.PaperBin

12. Printer PaperBin in VB4