HELP _Trying to install WHAT6 - ms help authoring tool
Author Message
 HELP _Trying to install WHAT6 - ms help authoring tool

the infinite reservoirs of wisdom:

Quote:
>   cannot find VBRUN100.DLL -

so you obviously need VBRUN100.DLL, then. this file is shipped with VB 1.0,
so you'd better get it at Microsoft's. try
ftp://ftp.microsoft.com/SoftLib/mslfiles/

--
Newbiehood is not a period of time, it's a way of life.

http://www.*-*-*.com/ ~balchen
ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/balchen/

Mon, 03 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 HELP _Trying to install WHAT6 - ms help authoring tool
What6 should not be looking for vbrun100.dll!!!!

The main problem with what6 is that it needs an updated version of the
help compiler (HCxxx.exe). My system crashed - had to reboot - when first
using what6.

I found the error by trying to compile the rtf file in DOS (where the
error message didn't go away).

The compiler that works on my system is hcp.exe and the date of the file
is 9/7/93.

Hope this helps,

Gary

Mon, 03 Aug 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. : Creating Help Files with Micrsoft's Help Authoring Tool

2. : Creating Help Files with Micrsoft's Help Authoring Tool

3. : Creating Help Files with Micrsoft's Help Authoring Tool

4. Free help authoring tool! VB HelpWriter version 3.0

5. Tools for Help Authoring and application documentation for VB4.0

6. What is a good Help Authoring tool

7. POLL: What Help Authoring Tool Would You Recommend?

8. Announcing: Freeware Help Authoring Tool

9. Freeware Help Authoring Tool

10. Free VB HelpWriter software and updatees (help authoring tool)

11. help authoring tool

12. FS: DocToHelp Help Authoring Tool