Transparent Windows
Author Message
 Transparent Windows

How in the world do you make a window transparent but still be able to see
graphics on it. This is used in some screen savers that I've seen, but I've
never been able to find any documentation on it. Can you even do this with
Visual Basic 5 in Windows 95? If so, how???

Fri, 30 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent Windows

Quote:
> How in the world do you make a window transparent but still be able to
see
> graphics on it. This is used in some screen savers that I've seen, but
I've
> never been able to find any documentation on it. Can you even do this
with
> Visual Basic 5 in Windows 95? If so, how???

It sounds to me like you're talking about screen savers that draw on the
"desktop". I put that in quotes because they don't really draw there; they
capture the screen, put it on a form, and then draw on that.
   As for making a window truly transparent: It is possible with an API
call or two (or with a UserControl in VB5, a property), but you can't
display graphics methods on it that way.

-- Ben

Sat, 31 Jul 1999 03:00:00 GMT
 Transparent Windows

Quote:
>How in the world do you make a window transparent but still be able to see
>graphics on it. This is used in some screen savers that I've seen, but I've
>never been able to find any documentation on it. Can you even do this with
>Visual Basic 5 in Windows 95? If so, how???

My web page has a screen saver that does exactly what you want.

        -brian

        Brian Davis

        www.cis.com/briand

Sun, 08 Aug 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. Transparent Windows in Windows 2000

2. Transparent windows in windows 95/98 how to ?

3. Transparent windows in windows 95/98 how to ?

4. Transparent Windows/Forms

5. Transparent windows

6. Transparent Windows/Forms in VB3

7. transparent windows

8. transparent windows???

9. Transparent Windows

10. transparent forms and windows - FSTransparent ActiveX Control

11. transparent from in vb 6.0 sp3 under windows NT 4.0

12. Newbie Q: Displaying transparent bitmap on windows desktop.