Output to Serial or parrallel port HOW?
Author Message
 Output to Serial or parrallel port HOW?

I am trying to find a way to access certain pins on either a serial or parrallel port.  I have an external device that is wired to a plug and it is connected to my computer.  I need to be able to send a signal to certain pins.  Lets say that I want pins 2,4,5,7,8 to have voltage and then turn off pin 4 so just 2,5,7,8 have voltage.  If I can learn how to do this I can modify it to do what I want.  I have never accessed an external device in this way but I am fairly profecient with VB.

Can I do this with VB 5?

If so, how?

Thanks

Jon

Tue, 01 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Output to Serial or parrallel port HOW?

Quote:
>I am trying to find a way to access certain pins on either a serial or =
>parrallel port.  I have an external device that is wired to a plug and =
>it is connected to my computer.  I need to be able to send a signal to =
>certain pins.  Lets say that I want pins 2,4,5,7,8 to have voltage and =
>then turn off pin 4 so just 2,5,7,8 have voltage.  If I can learn how to =
>do this I can modify it to do what I want.  I have never accessed an =
>external device in this way but I am fairly profecient with VB.

Hello,

just search all postings to this group for parallel or port or serial.
The answer is there. What about reading a little before posting next
time?

By
Uwe Hercksen

For EMail response, please replace nospam with zew
Elektronikwerkstatt Uni. Erlangen
Cauerstr. 5
D91058 Erlangen

Wed, 02 Aug 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Output to Serial or parrallel port

2. Capturing Output to Parrallel Port

3. Serial port output ?

4. Emulation Serial Port (Comm) Output bug?

5. Help! qB4.5 I/O to parrallel port

6. Help receiving data through parrallel port

7. Communication with a Parrallel Port

8. Help needed talking to parrallel port

9. VBX or OCX for I/O Parrallel port required

10. Parrallel Port OCX

11. Parrallel Port in VB

12. I/O port, Parallel port, Serial port