Mpg Files
Author Message
 Mpg Files

Hi,

How can I play an .mpg video in VB6?

Also, I want to check if a certain file exists.  How would I go about this?

Cheers,
Mike Woods.

Mon, 28 Mar 2005 21:17:47 GMT
 Mpg Files
You can easily use the Windows Media Player control.

As for checking if a file exists, you need to create a file system object
(using createobject) and use the function CheckFileExists. As far as I can
remember, at least.

Good luck.

Paul

Quote:
> Hi,

> How can I play an .mpg video in VB6?

> Also, I want to check if a certain file exists.  How would I go about
this?

> Cheers,
> Mike Woods.

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 05:12:02 GMT
 Mpg Files
Thanks Paul.

Quote:
> You can easily use the Windows Media Player control.

> As for checking if a file exists, you need to create a file system object
> (using createobject) and use the function CheckFileExists. As far as I can
> remember, at least.

> Good luck.

> Paul

> > Hi,

> > How can I play an .mpg video in VB6?

> > Also, I want to check if a certain file exists.  How would I go about
> this?

> > Cheers,
> > Mike Woods.

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 16:29:27 GMT
 Mpg Files

Quote:

> As for checking if a file exists, you need to create a file system object
> (using createobject) and use the function CheckFileExists. As far as I can
> remember, at least.

Don't start that File System Object stuff off all over again ;-)

Mike

Tue, 29 Mar 2005 14:42:19 GMT
 Mpg Files

Quote:
> > As for checking if a file exists, you need to create a file system
object
> > (using createobject) and use the function CheckFileExists. As far as I
can
> > remember, at least.

> Don't start that File System Object stuff off all over again ;-)

> Mike

I guess you prefer:

Public Function CheckPath(ByVal TestPath As String) As Long
Dim Attr As VbFileAttribute
    On Error Resume Next
    Attr = GetAttr(TestPath)
    If Err.Number <> 0 Then
        CheckPath = 0   'not accessible
    ElseIf (Attr And vbDirectory) Then
        CheckPath = 1   'exists, and is directory
    Else
        CheckPath = 2   'exists, not a directory
    End If
End Function

Johan.

Fri, 01 Apr 2005 03:15:10 GMT

1. Generating AVI or MPG files

2. Playing MOV or MPG files...

3. How can we use a Java Script to control more than 1 MPG file??

4. How can we use a Java Script to control more than 1 MPG file??

5. Win APIs to play mpg video files, mp3 audio files and audio cds

6. Playing MPG video files in VB 6.0

7. Showing MPG-II Files in Win95

8. Playing back MPG video files

9. Play back a .mpg or .mpeg file with MCI dll

10. Playing back MPG video files

11. mpg Player sample ?

12. Video (.AVI or .MPG) playbackproblem