VB6 "illegal opeation" message in Win95
Author Message
 VB6 "illegal opeation" message in Win95

I have written a priogram in VB6 sp3 and installed it using InstallShield
Express 2.13.  It runs fine on NT machines, however on Wndows95 machines
when I exit the program I get the message: "This program has performed an
illegal operation and will be shut down."  In the details it states that the
program "caused an invalid page fault in module Kernel32.dll at 0137:
bff9a5d0."  It then lists the registers.
Any ideas why this happens and only on Win95.  Also how would I go about
finding a fix.
Thank in advance.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT
 VB6 "illegal opeation" message in Win95
This can be caused by several things:

* If you use a database engine, be sure to close all the handles and cursors
and log off the engine properly.

* Set objects = nothing  in your form unload.

 * In general, close everything nicely including open files, handles,
spawned-off processes, etc...

* Also review any API calls and see if you might be using an Integer where you
should use a Long.

  Windows NT may be able to recover from the dangling problem but Win 95
obviously can not.

Wed, 18 Jun 1902 08:00:00 GMT

1. Enumerating References - "Illegal Function Call"

2. CopyObject gets "Illegal function call" error

3. "Program Used for Illegal Purpose"

4. "Illegal function call" when loading program

5. Error "Illegal use of property"?

6. Unbound control - illegal use of "null"

7. *"*-.,._,.-*"* I"LL TRADE VISUAL C++ FOR VBASIC *"*-.,_,.-*"*

8. : VB6 Problem: "The memory could not be "read"/"written""

9. VB6 Problem: "The memory could not be "read"/"written""

10. Icon for "ShowInTaskbar", VB4, Win95 (32bit)

11. "print" vb3 win95 problem

12. "Out of Memory" error on Win95