Please Help: What keeps track of Audio CDs?
Author Message
 Please Help: What keeps track of Audio CDs?

What is used to generate/read the unique index that Windows 95 CD Player uses
to tell which CD has been inserted? I believe it must be a HEX representation
of some value that is highly unlikely to be duplicated on another CD, such as
exact time in Milliseconds or something of that flavor, but I can't seem to
figure it out.  Any Ideas???

Sun, 13 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help: What keeps track of Audio CDs?

Quote:
>What is used to generate/read the unique index that Windows 95 CD Player uses
>to tell which CD has been inserted?

Look in the Knowledge Base
(http://198.105.232.6:80/kb/default.idc?Product=Visual+Basic&Database=...)

How to Get or Create a Unique Audio CD Volume Label
Article ID: Q112768

--
Newbiehood is not a period of time, it's a way of life.

http://www.sn.no/~balchen/
ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/balchen/

Mon, 14 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help: What keeps track of Audio CDs?

Quote:
>What is used to generate/read the unique index that Windows 95 CD Player uses
>to tell which CD has been inserted? I believe it must be a HEX representation
>of some value that is highly unlikely to be duplicated on another CD, such as
>exact time in Milliseconds or something of that flavor, but I can't seem to
>figure it out.  Any Ideas???

It is my understanding that the ID MS uses with Win95 comes directly
from the CD.  A free vbx (vbio.vbx) can retrieve that information.

Other systems calculate a unique ID by adding the track times and
number of CDs.  Our CD Player and Library calculates its own ID's so
they can be used with Win3.1 systems - but it also imports the Win95
library (which has a size limit).

--
Wolfgang John    - Shareware -

 - Phone Dialer and Logger - CD Player and Library - Win3.1 / Win95

Tue, 15 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Please Help: What keeps track of Audio CDs?
I can't really help you with any code but I know that each audio CD has a
unique catalogue number.  My SoundBlaster CD player uses that number to
identify CD's.  It then stores the CD's name and playlist (that you have
to input manually) in an INI file.

Hope I have been of some assistance.

Sat, 19 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: Identifying a CD on insert and reading audio tracks

2. Playing an audio track on a mixed-mode CD

3. Save Audio Tracks on a CD to wav files

4. Get tracks from CD-Audio

5. Check if a CD has data or audio tracks

6. Playing Audio CD Tracks

7. Problem: FileListBox containing CD Audio Tracks

8. MCI - Audio CD track frame offsets

9. Can't add more tracks to audio disk with EZ CD Pro and Yamaha 4100

10. Check if a CD has data or audio tracks

11. Get tracks from CD-Audio

12. Retrieve tracks of CD AUDIO