Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library
Author Message
 Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library

I have inherited a VB project that I am attempting to compile and run under
VB6. The project uses 2 OCX's from somebody called Sheridan. When I attempt
to select either one of them from the Components dialog box I get the above
message. However, they do appear on the Toolbox pallette. When I load the
project, I get error messages from all of the forms that contain these
widgets along the lines of:

--Class SSDataWidgets_B.SSDBCombo of control SSDBCombo1 was not a loaded
control class--

I am not sure, at the moment if the project was previously built with VB6.
Likewise, I am not sure if the Sherdian controls are somehow not compatible
with VB6. I am reasonably new to the VB IDE, although I have played with it
a fair amount. I do have extensive experience with MS Access, and have
always eventually resolved these sorts of issues by selecting (or in some
cases deselecting) the right DLL, OCX, or whatever in the References dialog
box. Is there something I am missing in the VB IDE relative to the Access
IDE? The guy that I have been conversing with via email has referred to some
sort of small program that "loads" the DLLs. I have assumed that simply
selecting them in the VB IDE from the References dialog box accomplishes
just that.

What am I missing here?

TIA

Bill Grigg

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 03:43:47 GMT
 Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library
Although I don't remember what library the sheridan dbcombo control was part
of, I can tell you that with VB6, the sheridan controls are not part of a
standard install.  There are a set of files on the VB6 (and VB5 for that
matter) CD in the tools\unsupported\ folder. Copy all the files there to
your system or system32 folder (whichever contains other OCX files), and
double click the .REG file you will copy with the controls.  Then try to
open the project.  If you get a license error, go to www.mvps.org/vbnet/  >
Dev section > Downloads > Fixes, and download and install the appropriate
license fix for your VB version.

Randy

Wed, 25 Aug 2004 04:49:08 GMT
 Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library
I tried registering them, and it may have helped, I am not sure. I did talk
to the current vendor, Infragistics, and I have, as a minimum, a licensing
issue. After downloading a trial version from their website, I seem to be
able to deal with the controls.

Thanks for your help,

Bill

Quote:
> Although I don't remember what library the sheridan dbcombo control was
part
> of, I can tell you that with VB6, the sheridan controls are not part of a
> standard install.  There are a set of files on the VB6 (and VB5 for that
> matter) CD in the tools\unsupported\ folder. Copy all the files there to
> your system or system32 folder (whichever contains other OCX files), and
> double click the .REG file you will copy with the controls.  Then try to
> open the project.  If you get a license error, go to www.mvps.org/vbnet/

> Dev section > Downloads > Fixes, and download and install the appropriate
> license fix for your VB version.

> Randy

Sat, 28 Aug 2004 05:36:20 GMT

1. Help: Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library

2. Binary compatibility, Public Class, Name conflicts with existing module, project, or object library

3. Name Conflicts with existing module, project or object library

4. Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library

5. ??? Name conflicts with existing module, project or object library. ???

6. Binary compatibility, name conflicts with existing module...

7. MS Project Object Library conflicts

8. Conflict between Word and Project 98 libraries

9. MISSING: Microsoft Project 10.0 Object Library

10. Startup object for Class Library project

11. Project 8.0 Object Library - Too Slow

12. Adding Winsock Control: Err-Name conflicts with EXISTING module.... ???