License Error with OCX's anybody, anybody 
Author Message
 License Error with OCX's anybody, anybody

 Has anybody ever seen when you try to add a control to the form and error
message of license.

I use VB 5.0 and I tried to use tabstrip and it gaves me an error message
saying I dont have the license to use this controls.

Please help because I need to use a tabstrip.

nb: I got the sp3 and thats nothing to do with it .

fred




Sun, 27 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 License Error with OCX's anybody, anybody
There is another patch called vbc.exe that fixes this problem.  When VB 5.0
installs if it finds an OCX is already on the system it does not install
it - unfortunately the OCX may only be a runtime license hence the problem
with not being able to use the OCX in the IDE.

I'm amazed that it shipped with this bug in it.

Anyway, you can get the patch from Microsoft (naturally).  I searched in the
knowledge base and found a link to it.

Dreameater.

Quote:

> Has anybody ever seen when you try to add a control to the form and error
>message of license.

>I use VB 5.0 and I tried to use tabstrip and it gaves me an error message
>saying I dont have the license to use this controls.

>Please help because I need to use a tabstrip.

>nb: I got the sp3 and thats nothing to do with it .

>fred





Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 License Error with OCX's anybody, anybody
An alternative method is to delete  the offending OCX, then re-install VB.
It's a bit of a drag, but if you can't get to the down load ......

Greg.



Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 License Error with OCX's anybody, anybody


Quote:
>An alternative method is to delete  the offending OCX, then re-install VB.
>It's a bit of a drag, but if you can't get to the down load ......

>Greg.

better still register it with:

        regsvr32 Path_of_ocx\File_name.ocx

vbc didn't work for me.
--
David Sinfield (Surrey, UK)
Not clever enough to make up a sig
and too proud to steal one.



Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 License Error with OCX's anybody, anybody
Neither vbc nor regsvr32 worked for me, I had to toast the OCXs and
reinstall. I can see though how it shipped with this bug though. When are
you going to stumble across it in Beta? When you install, you probably don't
already have VB (or the same ver) if you already have VB, likely your OCXs
will get updated, and then you go on to testing the IDE. It's pretty
serious, but easy to miss while testing.

Dale Atkin



Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 License Error with OCX's anybody, anybody
On the VB CD, under Tools, then controls, there is a .reg file that you
click and it registers all the controls that ship with the vb CD.  If this
is a different control, then do the regsvr32 thing.  YOu can find file and
then drag the control on top of it and it will register.

Shawn

Quote:



>>An alternative method is to delete  the offending OCX, then re-install VB.
>>It's a bit of a drag, but if you can't get to the down load ......

>>Greg.

>better still register it with:

>        regsvr32 Path_of_ocx\File_name.ocx

>vbc didn't work for me.
>--
>David Sinfield (Surrey, UK)
>Not clever enough to make up a sig
>and too proud to steal one.



Mon, 28 May 2001 03:00:00 GMT  
 
 [ 6 post ] 

 Relevant Pages 

1. VB 5.0 ...Licensing problem with VB Application Wizard...Anybody Else

2. Anybody has line/shape OCX?

3. Anybody knowes SYSTRAY.OCX problems?

4. Anybody here use a GreenTree OCX?

5. Anybody here use a GreenTree OCX?

6. Anybody here use a GreenTree OCX?

7. Anybody here use a GreenTree OCX?

8. Picclp32.ocx - Does anybody know where I could find out the max resolution

9. NTSVC.OCX - Anybody have it.

10. Anybody here use a GreenTree OCX?

11. Anybody here use a GreenTree OCX?

12. Anybody here use a GreenTree OCX?

 

 
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software