Error 70: Permission Denied (over network)
Author Message
 Error 70: Permission Denied (over network)

I have this permissions problem: I can copy a file from one machine to
another through Windows Explorer, but if I do it with code (in VB6), I get
Error 70. The line of code is:

FileCopy strFileSource, strFileTarget

In the environment where am developing my app it looks like the source files
are *always* locked (probably opened by somebody else). But while copying
them is no problem from Explorer, I can't seem to do it from code.

1) How come the same error is not generated in Explorer ?
2) is there a way to copy opened files ?

I'm pretty sure the server is Novell.

Simon Mazzucca

remove "kn" to answer

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 70: Permission Denied (over network)
check the contents of the two strings and check the access rights of the
files.

Quote:

>I have this permissions problem: I can copy a file from one machine to
>another through Windows Explorer, but if I do it with code (in VB6), I get
>Error 70. The line of code is:

>FileCopy strFileSource, strFileTarget

>In the environment where am developing my app it looks like the source
files
>are *always* locked (probably opened by somebody else). But while copying
>them is no problem from Explorer, I can't seem to do it from code.

>1) How come the same error is not generated in Explorer ?
>2) is there a way to copy opened files ?

>I'm pretty sure the server is Novell.

>Simon Mazzucca

>remove "kn" to answer

Tue, 26 Feb 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Error 70: Permission Denied (over network)

It's not a VB problem.

Novell has file permissions that lets you open and write to a file
but won't let you *CREATE* a new file.  You should inquire with
your Server Administrator with this problem and give you a CREATE
permission in Novell.

I hope this can help.  Please respond regarding your progress.

Rey Arson II

______________________________________
Falling down is not a failure, staying down is...

Quote:
> I have this permissions problem: I can copy a file from one machine to
> another through Windows Explorer, but if I do it with code (in VB6), I
get
> Error 70. The line of code is:

> FileCopy strFileSource, strFileTarget

> In the environment where am developing my app it looks like the source
files
> are *always* locked (probably opened by somebody else). But while copying
> them is no problem from Explorer, I can't seem to do it from code.

> 1) How come the same error is not generated in Explorer ?
> 2) is there a way to copy opened files ?

> I'm pretty sure the server is Novell.

> Simon Mazzucca

> remove "kn" to answer

Wed, 06 Mar 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Error Number : 70 and Error Description : Permission Denied

2. Compile Error - Permission Denied (Error 70)

3. Permission Denied (Error 70)

4. error 70: permission denied for MsgBox

5. winNT: run-time error 70, permission denied ?

6. VB4 & Acc 2 - Error 70 Permission Denied

7. Shell error 70 permission denied

8. runtime error 70 Permission denied:

9. Runtime error '70' Permission denied

10. : Error 70 - Permission Denied

11. VB4 & Acc 2 - Error 70 Permission Denied

12. error 70 - permission denied when copying files