Problem with printing true-type fonts with VB4.0
Author Message
 Problem with printing true-type fonts with VB4.0

While woorking with Visual Basic V4.0 (Standard Edition) I tried to print
some
text with a true-type font. Unfortunately my printer (DeskJet 540) refused
my
commands, he just used his plain text mode. But I don t think this is a
problem
with my printer.

If I run the following code, i'll get a printout of all my installed fonts
printed in the
correct font.

Private Sub Form_Click()
   Dim i As Integer
   Set Printer = Printers(0)
   For i = 0 To Printer.FontCount - 1
   Printer.Font = Printer.Fonts(i)
   Printer.FontSize = 12
   Printer.Print i, printer.font
   Next i
   printer.EndDoc
End Sub

But if I try to run this code, the printer refuses to change the font:

Private Sub Form_Click()
   Set Printer = Printers(0)
   Printer.Font = "Arial"
   Printer.FontSize = 12
   Printer.Print Printer.Font
   Printer.EndDoc
End Sub

So what's the difference ? Did I miss something ? Or is this a bug ?

Greetings,

    hbrauns

Mon, 16 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Help: VB4: Print Method: How use true type fonts when printing to Laser Printers

2. True Type Fonts with VB4

3. Can't print symbol true type fonts.

4. How to view/print fonts true type?

5. Printing aligned columns with True Type fonts, how?

6. Need Help Printing TrueType Fonts with VB4.0

7. Problem printing small TrueType fonts

8. GDI - Text Bounding Box - True Type Fonts

9. Accessing special characters in True Type fonts

10. Installing True Type Fonts

11. How to install True Type Fonts In Win 3.1 with VB3

12. HOW CAN I VIEW A FONT FILE (TRUE TYPE)