How to read/write a key to the registry
Author Message
 How to read/write a key to the registry

I'd like to write a key to the registry and later on I'd like to read
the key.

Stefan

Wed, 02 Mar 2005 23:12:08 GMT
 How to read/write a key to the registry
On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 17:12:08 +0200, Stefan Mueller

Quote:

>I'd like to write a key to the registry and later on I'd like to read
>the key.

Well, that normally is the idea. :)

Have a look at SaveSettings and GetSettings for your own applications'
regkey reading and wiritng  they should suffice. It confines your
access to a certain area in the registry allocated for VB
applications.

If you want to get into "real" registry stuff, take a look at Randy's
site, allapi or any of the usual VB sites for an example of
RegQueryValueEx and it's friends, or consult the MSDN on all the
Regxxxxxxxx registry functions.
These give you access to all the keys in the registry, but are a fair
bit hairier to look at and work with, so be prepared for a bit of API
fun till you get them right.

--
Regards, Frank

Wed, 02 Mar 2005 23:29:29 GMT
 How to read/write a key to the registry
Straight from the Helpless file:

' Place some settings in the registry.
SaveSetting appname := "MyApp", section := "Startup", _
            key := "Top", setting := 75
SaveSetting "MyApp","Startup", "Left", 50
' Remove section and all its settings from registry.
DeleteSetting "MyApp", "Startup"

there is also a GetSetting Function

 HTH

--
Have a good day...

Don

Wed, 02 Mar 2005 23:38:35 GMT
 How to read/write a key to the registry
Great links!
Thanks to all for your help.

Stefan

Quote:

> On Sat, 14 Sep 2002 17:12:08 +0200, Stefan Mueller

> >I'd like to write a key to the registry and later on I'd like to read
> >the key.

> Have a look for "Registry" here:
> http://www.mvps.org/vbnet/code/toc/tocbytopic.htm

> And here:
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?Q24B148C1

> And here:
> http://makeashorterlink.com/?R23B328C1

> Cheers
> Roders
> http://www.mjvn.co.za/rodcom
> Nokia 3210 Composer Ring Tones
> http://www.mjvn.co.za/rodcom/nokia3210/

Wed, 16 Mar 2005 00:03:32 GMT

1. Class to Read/Write any Registry key

2. Read/write registry key using .asp or .hta

3. How to write and read registry keys

4. REGISTRY How can I read a registry key?

5. Read Registry Keys and Trees / API Call for Registry access

6. Writing a VBS file which reads and writes to the registry

7. Last write time of registry key

8. Writing to a registry key

9. Error when writing a registry key

10. WinAPI for writing to registry key