MSCHART - How do you set the lowest y-axis value
Author Message
 MSCHART - How do you set the lowest y-axis value

Win 98 SE
VB 6 (SP4)

Hi,

 I have been trying to _programatically_ set the lowest (and highest)
y-axis value for mschart - without success. Unless I set the values in
the properties window I keep getting zero as the lowest value.

Can some kind person point me in the right direction? Many thanks.

Regards,

Frank White.

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 13:43:53 GMT
 MSCHART - How do you set the lowest y-axis value
with the following two lines I can set the min-Value

  mschart1.Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY, 1).ValueScale.Auto = False
  mschart1.Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY, 1).ValueScale.Minimum = 1000

Sun, 20 Jul 2003 21:04:22 GMT
 MSCHART - How do you set the lowest y-axis value
Thank you Werner for pointing me in the right direction. From your
posting I was able to locate in the help file what I was looking for.
I think the help on MSChart is, to put it kindly, extremely cryptic.
Anyway the following is the code I eventually used:-

' Use manual scale to display y axis (value axis).
With MSChart1.Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY).ValueScale
  .Auto = False
  .MajorDivision = 3
  .MinorDivision = 5
  .Minimum = 50000
  .Maximum = 80000
End With

' Show major grid line in red and minor grid line in blue.
With MSChart1.Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY).AxisGrid
  .MajorPen.VtColor.Set 255, 0, 0
  .MajorPen.Width = 4
  .MinorPen.VtColor.Set 0, 0, 255
  .MinorPen.Width = 2
End With

Thanks once again.

Frank White

On Wed, 31 Jan 2001 14:04:22 +0100, "Werner Rams"

Quote:

>with the following two lines I can set the min-Value

>  mschart1.Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY, 1).ValueScale.Auto = False
>  mschart1.Plot.Axis(VtChAxisIdY, 1).ValueScale.Minimum = 1000

Mon, 21 Jul 2003 16:04:34 GMT

1. set axis to fixed value in mschart?

2. MSChart and time values on X axis

3. MSChart: Determine Axis Type (Category vs. Value)

4. Code to set Chart Y Axis value - Reply to SteveT

5. Setting min and max values on chart's y-axis

6. Code to set Chart Y Axis value needed

7. graph.vbx and setting my own x axis values

8. setting file.value -- can it be done?

9. Setting bottom-value in MSChart

10. Setting bottom-value in MSChart

11. Z-axis - can it be done ???

12. Z-axis - can it be done ???