Problem with the Update of a rdoresulset
Author Message
 Problem with the Update of a rdoresulset

I have the follwing problem, when i try to update a rdoresultset (Rs) with a
Rs.Update, the Visaul Basic 5 gives me this message:

"S1C00:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver for Oracle]Driver not capable".

I'm working with oracle 7 and the driver that i use is "Microsoft ODBC
Driver for Oracle" 2.00.006325,  MSORCL10.DLL.

And the code for the opening of the connection is:

Public Function AbreConeccao(ByRef Wks As rdoEnvironment, ByRef Conn As
rdoConnection) As Boolean

   On Error Resume Next

   Set Wks = rdoCrea{*filter*}vironment("ManutWorkspace", BDUserId, BDPassWd)
   If Err.Number <> 0 Then
      MsgBox "Erro ao criar o WorkSpace." & vbCrLf & _
          "Por favor, contacte LBS2!" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
          Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description, vbCritical
      AbreConeccao = False
      Exit Function
   End If

   Set Conn = Wks.OpenConnection(DSName, rdDriverNoPrompt, False)
   If Err.Number <> 0 Then
      MsgBox "Erro ao estabelecer a liga??o com a Base de Dados." & vbCrLf &
_
          "Por favor, contacte LBS2!" & vbCrLf & vbCrLf & _
          Err.Number & " - " & Err.Description, vbCritical
      AbreConeccao = False
      Exit Function
   End If
   AbreConeccao = True
End Function

And the code where i do the update is :

Private Sub cmd_EscFich_Click()

    Dim Rs As rdoResultset
    Dim b() As Byte, cont As Long, i As Integer
    Dim file, sql As String, fil As Integer, tam_fil As Long

    file = "c:\temp\ie4.txt"

    sql = "SELECT numlib, anolib, nome, ficheiro FROM LIB_FICH"
    Set Rs = Conn.OpenResultset(sql, rdOpenDynamic, rdConcurRowVer)
    Rs.AddNew
    Rs("numlib") = 2
    Rs("anolib") = 1999
    Rs("nome") = "ie4.txt"
    Rs.Update
    Rs.Requery
    Rs.Edit
    FileToColumn Rs.rdoColumns("ficheiro"), "c:\temp\ie4.txt", 102400
    Rs("anolib") = 1999
    Rs.Update
End Sub

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 Problem with the Update of a rdoresulset

Try different locktype, cursortype and cursor library until you find the combinations that work. Then choose the lowest one that will let you do what you need to do. If none of them work then change your ODBC driver.

Regards,
Simon Jones
MillStream Designs Ltd
Independent IT Consultants

  I have the follwing problem, when i try to update a rdoresultset (Rs) with a
  Rs.Update, the Visaul Basic 5 gives me this message:

  "S1C00:[Microsoft][ODBC Driver for Oracle]Driver not capable".

  I'm working with oracle 7 and the driver that i use is "Microsoft ODBC
  Driver for Oracle" 2.00.006325,  MSORCL10.DLL.

Sat, 17 Nov 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Problem with the Update of a rdoresulset

2. rdoResulset in a Grid

3. rdoResulset and ODBC crash ????????????

4. ADO Update problems MAJOR PROBLEMS !!

5. Create followed by Update Table Problem

6. Update query problem

7. Update Query problems in VBA

8. Update event: timing problem

9. Problem updating memo field