Accessing VB DOS ISAM Files in VB for Windows
Author Message
 Accessing VB DOS ISAM Files in VB for Windows

Does anyone know how to access VB for DOS ISAM files in A VB for Windows

Tue, 24 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing VB DOS ISAM Files in VB for Windows

writes:

Quote:
>Does anyone know how to access VB for DOS ISAM files in A VB for Windows

I wish I knew the answer to this question myself.  I don't think there is
a way.  What I have had to do in the past was to export the ISAM file to a
text file and then create a VB database from there.  Not really a lot of
work, but not automated either.  (I've never tried the process in reverse
but I would imagine it would work just as easily).  ISAMIO is the utility
I used to export the file if I'm not mistaken.

Jeff

Fri, 27 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Accessing VB DOS ISAM Files in VB for Windows

Quote:

> Does anyone know how to access VB for DOS ISAM files in A VB for Windows

Hi, I had the same problem.  To get around it I used the ISAMIO program
to extract the VBDOS database into delimited ASCII text file and then
read that file and placed the data into a VB win database.

I think the VBDOS program has this utility.  I know that PDS Basic used
it and that worked for both PDS and VBDOS.

Catch ya

Neil
--

This message came to you from Parkie's hanger and Garage
                 ________                 ______  _____

Home Page: http://www.enternet.co.nz/client/personal/parkie

Fri, 27 Nov 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Accessing VB DOS ISAM files in a VB for Windows program

2. Using Microsoft Basic ISAM files from VB(Windows)

3. HELP: How to access C-ISAM files with VB

4. Using VB to Access Micro Focus ISAM File

5. Porting VB dos applications to VB for windows

6. Converting VB for DOS to VB for Windows

7. converting VB-DOS > VB-windows

8. vb for DOS to vb for WINDOWS

9. Random Access File Question VB-DOS

10. Loggin file access in Windows & VB