FTP to IBM Mainframe?
Author Message
 FTP to IBM Mainframe?

I'm trying to use the VB5.0 Internet Transfer Control to FTP up to an IBM
mainframe (MVS/ESA).  Is this possible or am I barking up the wrong tree?

Thanks,
Dave

Fri, 30 Jun 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 FTP to IBM Mainframe?

Quote:
>I'm trying to use the VB5.0 Internet Transfer Control to FTP up to an IBM
>mainframe (MVS/ESA).  Is this possible or am I barking up the wrong tree?

>Thanks,
>Dave

We have used it to FTP from an IBM AS/400, so I would assume it is
possible.  You have to do the transfer in ASCII mode so that it is
converted from EBCDIC.  A binary transger will give you the EBCDIC
data.

We have since changed to a different FTP control because of the
case-sensitivity issue (we also need to access Unix boxes).  Does
anyone know if this has been fixed with service pack 3?

--
Mark Wagoner
To reply, remove no.spam from my e-mail address

Sat, 01 Jul 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. FTP and IBM Mainframes

2. vb, ftp and ibm mainframes bad medicine!

3. ftp and ibm mainframe bad medicine

4. FTP Help with SITE Command for IBM Mainframe Server Using VB

5. FTP Custom Control and Remote Submit to an IBM Mainframe

6. FTP to IBM MVS mainframe

7. Using Internet Transfer Control and FTP to IBM MVS Mainframe

8. Connect with an IBM Mainframe

9. CPI-C communication to IBM Mainframe

10. Using INet control to put a text file on an IBM mainframe

11. IBM Mainframe VSAM datafile

12. send commands to IBM mainframe...