Getting/Changing Registry Keys
Author Message
 Getting/Changing Registry Keys

VB4

Could someone PLEASE explain how to use DeleteSetting, GetSetting,
GetAllSettings, and SaveSetting to change a key in Windows 95?
(The help doesn't quite help...)
Or is there a better way to do it?

GetSetting(appname, section, key[, default])
SaveSetting(appname, section, key, setting)

  As an example, say I want to change the value of:

  HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSQuery\Path

  to equal C:\Windows\System

Thanks!

Michael Stuart

Thu, 30 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Getting/Changing Registry Keys

Quote:
> Could someone PLEASE explain how to use DeleteSetting, GetSetting,
> GetAllSettings, and SaveSetting to change a key in Windows 95?
> (The help doesn't quite help...)
> Or is there a better way to do it?

> GetSetting(appname, section, key[, default])
> SaveSetting(appname, section, key, setting)

>   As an example, say I want to change the value of:

>   HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Shared Tools\MSQuery\Path

>   to equal C:\Windows\System

The VB registry functions only operate on subkeys of
HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\VB and VBA Program Settings.  If you want to
do work in other places, you'll need to declare and use the Registry
APIs.  See Q145679 -- How to Use the Registry API to Save and Retrieve
Settings.

Andrew

Andrew Enfield
Senior, Computer Engineering     University of Washington

Thu, 30 Jul 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Registry Key - change (Default) key

2. Getting a registry key

3. Getting a registry key

4. Getting all registry Keys in a directory

5. getting Nodes(keys) from the registry/??mlml

6. Getting a registry key

7. Getting a Registry key value

8. Getting registry key values

9. VB 4.0 and Getting Registry Sub Keys

10. change computer name with registry keys

11. Changing Permissions on Registry Keys

12. change registry key permission with script?