Advice needed from VB veterans concerning Registry Adjustments in VB 5
Author Message
 Advice needed from VB veterans concerning Registry Adjustments in VB 5

Does anyone know how I would go about coding an application to adjust the
default user and domain names in NT?
If you have any examples, that would help greatly.

   -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.*-*-*.com/ ****-
 Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

Fri, 24 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT
 Advice needed from VB veterans concerning Registry Adjustments in VB 5
Hi
Try this...

    GetKey(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultUserName", "<None>"))
    GetKey(HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, "SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows
NT\CurrentVersion\Winlogon", "DefaultDomainName", "<None>")

Quote:
> Does anyone know how I would go about coding an application to adjust the
> default user and domain names in NT?
> If you have any examples, that would help greatly.
> Thank you in advance for any assistance.

>    -**** Posted from RemarQ, http://www.remarq.com/?a ****-
>  Search and Read Usenet Discussions in your Browser - FREE -

Sun, 26 May 2002 03:00:00 GMT

1. Need advice about checking for program install/Win 98 Concerns

2. C# Function Returns for a VB veteran

3. Registry Advice needed please

4. Advice about good books concerning Database Programming with Visual Basic

5. Need VB Version Advice

6. Object Oriented VB - Need advice

7. VB.NET and ADO Advice Needed

8. need advice to convert VB app to ASP!

9. Need advice - is VB up to the job?????

10. Need VB advice !

11. Need advice about Codebase 6.2 and VB 5.0

12. Need some advice on SQL Server/VB