Still can't connect to HTTPs using Internet Transfer Control
Author Message
 Still can't connect to HTTPs using Internet Transfer Control

I am trying to download a file from a site using ITC on a VB form.  Here is
the code snippet that I use.  However, I can not connect.  I am behind a
firewall on a proxy server.  Any suggestions or ideas?

Private Sub Form_Load()
Dim objInet As iNet
Dim strGetDoc As String
Dim strSaveDoc As String
strGetDoc = "yourFile.txt"
strSaveDoc = "C:\myFile.txt"

With objInet
    .URL = "https://123.456.45.3/abc"
    .UserName = "user"
    .Password = "pass"
    .RemotePort = 443
    .Protocol = icHTTPS
    .AccessType = icNamedProxy
    .Proxy = Proxy
    Do While .StillExecuting
        DoEvents
    Loop
    .Execute .URL, "Get " & strGetDoc & " " & strSaveDoc

End With

End Sub

Sun, 07 Mar 2004 18:20:40 GMT
 Still can't connect to HTTPs using Internet Transfer Control
Use the winsock control. There are many good examples and it provides you
with easy event and error handling. Plus there are many examples for using
it with secure http sites, FTP and through a proxy using login through
proxy.

--
brn
http://www.dataemissions.com

Quote:
> I am trying to download a file from a site using ITC on a VB form.  Here
is
> the code snippet that I use.  However, I can not connect.  I am behind a
> firewall on a proxy server.  Any suggestions or ideas?

> Private Sub Form_Load()
> Dim objInet As iNet
> Dim strGetDoc As String
> Dim strSaveDoc As String
> strGetDoc = "yourFile.txt"
> strSaveDoc = "C:\myFile.txt"

> With objInet
>     .URL = "https://123.456.45.3/abc"
>     .UserName = "user"
>     .Password = "pass"
>     .RemotePort = 443
>     .Protocol = icHTTPS
>     .AccessType = icNamedProxy
>     .Proxy = Proxy
>     Do While .StillExecuting
>         DoEvents
>     Loop
>     .Execute .URL, "Get " & strGetDoc & " " & strSaveDoc

> End With

> End Sub

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 10:35:20 GMT
 Still can't connect to HTTPs using Internet Transfer Control
Please try an evaluation copy of our SocketTools Secure Visual Edition
package.  There are a number of HTTP/HTTPS samples  that should allow
you to connect to your secure server and possibly offer some clues as
to where the Internet Transfer Control is falling short.

SocketTools can be downloaded from our website at
http://www.catalyst.com

David

Quote:
>I am trying to download a file from a site using ITC on a VB form.  Here is
>the code snippet that I use.  However, I can not connect.  I am behind a
>firewall on a proxy server.  Any suggestions or ideas?

>Private Sub Form_Load()
>Dim objInet As iNet
>Dim strGetDoc As String
>Dim strSaveDoc As String
>strGetDoc = "yourFile.txt"
>strSaveDoc = "C:\myFile.txt"

>With objInet
>    .URL = "https://123.456.45.3/abc"
>    .UserName = "user"
>    .Password = "pass"
>    .RemotePort = 443
>    .Protocol = icHTTPS
>    .AccessType = icNamedProxy
>    .Proxy = Proxy
>    Do While .StillExecuting
>        DoEvents
>    Loop
>    .Execute .URL, "Get " & strGetDoc & " " & strSaveDoc

>End With

>End Sub

----

Catalyst Development Corporation   | application with ActivePatch. Download
http://www.catalyst.com/           | the SDK from www.activepatch.com

Mon, 08 Mar 2004 11:15:31 GMT

1. Internet Transfer Control doesn't connect !

2. Internet Transfer Control and HTTPS.

3. Internet Transfer Control & HTTPS

4. HTTPS with Internet Transfer Control

5. Internet transfer control------https

6. Internet Transfer Control and https (SSL) - win98 vs win95

7. Internet Transfer Control Array Hangs Application With HTTPS

8. Internet Transfer Control (HTTPS)

9. HTTPS and POST and Internet Transfer Control

10. HTTPS and Internet Transfer Control

11. Internet Transfer Control and https (SSL) - win98 vs win95

12. Internet Transfer Control and https (SSL)