VB.net beta version
Author Message
 VB.net beta version

I've been thinking of getting .net beta version as it seems it can be
purchased cheaply in magazines or even dowloaded for free from microsoft
(this is what I've heard anyway - maybe someone can confirm).
Anyway I've also heard of people experiencing problems with their PCs, other
applications, registry etc after install this beta version.
I'd love to get a good look at .net early and so i'm tempted to download the
beta version but I don't want to mess up other applications on my PC.
Anyone with advice or experience with .net beta version.
I'd also want to run it in conjunction with Visual Studio with both being on
the same hard drive. I have Widnows 2000 professiobal edition.

Thanks for any advice

Jeff

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 21:50:01 GMT
 VB.net beta version
Microsoft does not recommend running the beta on a machine you depend on for
your daily work.  Niether do I.

Max

Quote:
> I've been thinking of getting .net beta version as it seems it can be
> purchased cheaply in magazines or even dowloaded for free from microsoft
> (this is what I've heard anyway - maybe someone can confirm).
> Anyway I've also heard of people experiencing problems with their PCs,
other
> applications, registry etc after install this beta version.
> I'd love to get a good look at .net early and so i'm tempted to download
the
> beta version but I don't want to mess up other applications on my PC.
> Anyone with advice or experience with .net beta version.
> I'd also want to run it in conjunction with Visual Studio with both being
on
> the same hard drive. I have Widnows 2000 professiobal edition.

> Thanks for any advice

> Jeff

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:04:10 GMT
 VB.net beta version
I agree...I have the .NET Beta on a Laptop with Visual Studio 6.0 and it is
NOT a pretty sight!  Install onto a machine you have laying
around...OR...onto another partition.

Sean.

Quote:
> Microsoft does not recommend running the beta on a machine you depend on
for
> your daily work.  Niether do I.

> Max

> > I've been thinking of getting .net beta version as it seems it can be
> > purchased cheaply in magazines or even dowloaded for free from microsoft
> > (this is what I've heard anyway - maybe someone can confirm).
> > Anyway I've also heard of people experiencing problems with their PCs,
> other
> > applications, registry etc after install this beta version.
> > I'd love to get a good look at .net early and so i'm tempted to download
> the
> > beta version but I don't want to mess up other applications on my PC.
> > Anyone with advice or experience with .net beta version.
> > I'd also want to run it in conjunction with Visual Studio with both
being
> on
> > the same hard drive. I have Widnows 2000 professiobal edition.

> > Thanks for any advice

> > Jeff

Fri, 19 Sep 2003 23:52:35 GMT
 VB.net beta version
I have it running along with my VB6.0 and running a webserver (IIS5.0)
without any problems, but the damn thing is very system heavy. I'm running
it on a 1Gz Machine with 384Mb Ram and I can still feel it. There are also
lot's of bugs in this beta, so be advised.

TP.

Sat, 20 Sep 2003 05:42:53 GMT

1. Insert VS.NET Beta 1 on ASP.NET Beta 2

2. vb.net 2002 or vb.net 2003 beta

3. do Visual Basic 6.0 and Visual Basic .NET version beta Working Both

4. Announcing BETA Two version of MySQL provider for .NET

5. Announcing BETA version of MySQL provider for .NET

6. Visual Basic.NET Beta version?

7. Problem with VB.NET under .NET 2003 Final beta

8. VS.Net Version vs .Net Framework version

9. Introducing Visual Studio for Applications Beta 2 and Script for the .NET Framework Beta 2

10. Help:Migrating reports from VB.Beta to VB.Net 2003

11. VB beta version 4.0

12. Microsoft's offer for beta version of VB 5.0