multiple problems!!!!!!
Author Message
 multiple problems!!!!!!

My first question is this: is there anything I should know aboutusing
the VB5 inet control. I've tried unsuccessfully several times to send a
file via ftp to my ISP ftp site. I've also had problems retrieving these
files. I've tried the following code and it doesn't work:

inet1. execute
"ftp://shell.connection.com/home/delia/public_html/dil","get
mainpage.htm c:\ktempfolder\mainpage.htm"
inet1.password="mypassword"
inet1.username="myusername"

ftp://shell.connection.com/home/delia/public_html/dil-this is the full
directory in which the file mainpage.htm is located. It won't access
that file and put it into the ktempfolder???###%$##?

when i try using inet1.execute "ftp://ftp.microsoft.com","get
disclaimer.txt C:\temp|disclaimer.txt" it works fine

why the difference-why is there a problem when i try doing the same

please help
all potential ideas/solutions would be greatly appreciated
thanks

second question-forgot it at the moment!

Fri, 02 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 multiple problems!!!!!!

Sat, 03 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 multiple problems!!!!!!
Hi,

Note that the inet controls (ie ftp:// protocols) are used mostly for
browsing and downloading from FTP sites (you can't, for example upload to an
ftp site using the ftp:// protocol - somebody correct me if I am wrong).

If you want full control over your ftp processes, use the winsock
controls...(obviously have to setup the connection et al before you send any
data)

Private Sub sendFTPcommand(textToSend as String)
    sckFTP.SendData textToSend
End Sub

Then just call it with the text you want to send...

sendFTPcommand("bin")
sendFTPcommand("put mypic.jpg")

Obviously you can use the iNet controls to process the file ie
inetBrowse.SendChunk(1024) etc. Oh and don't forget that when you send you
use a different port number each time.

Hope this helps,
Stuart

Quote:

>Are you using the binairy transfer mode?

>Andre'

>My first question is this: is there anything I should know aboutusing
>the VB5 inet control. I've tried unsuccessfully several times to send
>a file via ftp to my ISP ftp site. I've also had problems retrieving
>these files. I've tried the following code and it doesn't work:
>inet1. execute

Sun, 04 Feb 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Multiple problems with A97 under 2000 server

2. multiple problems

3. Scope problem with Access2K and multiple forms

4. Multiple linked databases - Windows 2000 performance problems

5. Problem sending multiple selections from listbox through Outlook

6. Access has problem when deleting query multiple times?

7. Problem with Form that run a query with multiple criterias

8. problem with multiple databases

9. Multiple Select List Box Problems

10. Problems writing an add-in to analyze multiple databases

11. Mapi problem using multiple mailboxes/profiles..

12. Mapi Problem using multiple mailboxes/profiles..