Speech/Voice recognition in VB?
Author Message
 Speech/Voice recognition in VB?

Hi;

Is anyone actively using the current MS Speech API sdk in a VB project?
Thanks
Greg

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Speech/Voice recognition in VB?

I've downloaded the thing, but it doens't work with my sound card...so I'm
not sure about how compatible with things it is. My sound card works as a
Sound Blaster Pro and a Windows Sound System. I'm buying a new computer with
a new sound card in a few days, I'll be able to start working with it then.

Quote:

>Hi;

>Is anyone actively using the current MS Speech API sdk in a VB project?
>Thanks
>Greg

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Speech/Voice recognition in VB?

Followup to my own post; I'd suggest anyone who can to download the
Microsoft speech SDK from developer.microsoft.com (no, I don't work for
MS, but this stuff is really interesting and it works. I just downloaded
version 4 of the SDK and it comes with an activeX speech control that can
be included into an VB project (license permitting). It really works well
and it's worth y'all taking a look at it. A 43 meg download is an
daunting thing, but if you're on a T1 go for it. Since the next shipping
version of NT (NT5.0) is going to come with a builtin speech engine, it's
worth a look.

: I've downloaded the thing, but it doens't work with my sound card...so I'm
: not sure about how compatible with things it is. My sound card works as a
: Sound Blaster Pro and a Windows Sound System. I'm buying a new computer with
: a new sound card in a few days, I'll be able to start working with it then.
:
: >Hi;
: >
: >Is anyone actively using the current MS Speech API sdk in a VB project?
: >Thanks
: >Greg
:
:

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT
 Speech/Voice recognition in VB?

: I've downloaded the thing, but it doens't work with my sound card...so I'm
: not sure about how compatible with things it is. My sound card works as a
: Sound Blaster Pro and a Windows Sound System. I'm buying a new computer with
: a new sound card in a few days, I'll be able to start working with it then.

Didn't work with my SB card, either, but with another card (some 19.95
special whose brand I forget) all is well--it's not full duplex, but
voice-to-text and speech-recognition work nicely.

: >Hi;
: >
: >Is anyone actively using the current MS Speech API sdk in a VB project?
: >Thanks
: >Greg

Greg,

Depends on what you mean by 'actively'. I'm fiddling around with it a
bit, for what it's worth....

Best wishes,
Paul

Sat, 16 Dec 2000 03:00:00 GMT

1. Computer Generated Speech and Voice Recognition

2. Text to Speech / Voice Recognition software wanted

3. Text to Speech / Voice Recognition Software wanted

4. Speech Recognition - - - speech sdk5.0

5. SAPI voice recognition with VB6: Hoarse voice?

6. ***JOBS: Boca Raton, FL: VB Experts, Speech Recognition

7. Medical Speech Recognition (VB/C++/Java)

8. **JOBS: FL, Boca Raton - VB Experts, Speech Recognition ***

9. Speech Recognition in VB

10. Voice recognition in VB 5

11. voice recognition:how to do this in VB?

12. Voice recognition on VB?