VB3 shell() launches another copy same program...
Author Message
 VB3 shell() launches another copy same program...

The sample program, as shown below, launches another copy of itself!!! What is
going on here? Is VB3 setting some internal name to the same thing? This
program works in the development environment when Visual Basic 3.0 is the app
name...

project1:
        x% = shell("c:\temp\project2.exe")
        end

Run project1 from VB and project2 pops up. Compile & run project1 alone and up
pops another copy of project1?!? Originally, I figured it had something to do
with c:\windows\setup.exe having the same name as a:\setup.exe. My little test
projects do not have the same .exe name, do not have the same app name--set in
the make exe dialog box--nor are they in the same directory.

My Visual Basic 3.0 Professional program, setup.exe, installs my program after
being bootstrapped to the c:\windows directory by a:\install.exe similar to
how the VB Setup wizard works...

The last thing would like my program to do when it's all done unzipping files,
writing .ini files, and making icons is to launch Win32s setup if the computer
is running Windows 3.1 and Win32s is not already installed.

Please help me prove I'm not crazy here. The VB3pro app is running under
Windows 3.11--thanks.

 Darrell Reich                           Human Interface Design Engineer

 (619)643-5234 fax:200,**234 BBS:6252018 a Xerox Company, San Diego, CA
 "Usability is like oxygen--you never notice it until it is missing..."

Tue, 19 Jan 1999 03:00:00 GMT

1. launching a program using its registry entry NOT Shell()

2. shell program launch with file?

3. determine if a program launched with the shell function completed

4. determining if a shelled program has ended execution (vb3.0)

5. Launching Windows Program from DOS Program

6. Having a BASIC program launch another program

7. How to launch a VB program off the back of a non VB program

8. Shell program: running IE in Shell

9. Registry read Failure when program launched by AT scheduling program

10. Repost ( Improved Program) VB3.0 for Hourly Wage (Reset Button Added) - Vb3-hr-w.zip

11. How Do I launch cc:Mail with shell()?

12. Wait for shelled application to launch???