VB 6.0 run-time error 48 - File not found: Kernel
Author Message
 VB 6.0 run-time error 48 - File not found: Kernel

I have a VB 3.0 program that I am trying to convert to VB 6.0.  I am
getting the following error message on a Windows API call:

    Run-time error '48':
    File not found: Kernel

As near as I can tell the syntax of the call is correct and it does not
appear that the error message being generated is syntax related.  Any
suggestions?

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 6.0 run-time error 48 - File not found: Kernel
William ,
kernel32 perhaps?  Time to upgrade your WinAPI Docs!
Check your Integers at the door and ...
Neila

t>...

Quote:
>I have a VB 3.0 program that I am trying to convert to VB 6.0.  I am
>getting the following error message on a Windows API call:

>    Run-time error '48':
>    File not found: Kernel

>As near as I can tell the syntax of the call is correct and it does not
>appear that the error message being generated is syntax related.  Any
>suggestions?

Sat, 02 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT
 VB 6.0 run-time error 48 - File not found: Kernel

You are declaring a function in Kernel32.dll right?  If not, I would
wager that if you change any declarations of Kernel.dll to
Kernel32.dll, and any Integer data types to Longs in all your API
calls, it would solve at least this problem with the port.

HTH,

Charlie

Quote:
>I have a VB 3.0 program that I am trying to convert to VB 6.0.  I am
>getting the following error message on a Windows API call:

>    Run-time error '48':
>    File not found: Kernel

>As near as I can tell the syntax of the call is correct and it does not
>appear that the error message being generated is syntax related.  Any
>suggestions?

Sun, 03 Jun 2001 03:00:00 GMT

1. Run-time error 48: File not found: Kernel

2. Help: Run-time error '48': File not found: Cards.dll (0/1)

3. Help: Run-time error '48': File not found: Cards.dll (1/1)

4. Run-time error '48': File not found

5. Runtime Error 48. File not found: xxxx.dll

6. runtime error 48 xxxx.dll not found

7. Error 48 file not found CRPE.DLL

8. Run-time error 48 Error in loading DLL in XP

9. Error # 48 Dll not found error

10. Run Time Error 48 -

11. Run-Time Error 48

12. Run time error (48) in loading DLL after installing a distribution