Setting Backcolor on Command Buttons
Author Message
 Setting Backcolor on Command Buttons

It's a common "mis-expectation" that one can change the color of a button
by means of the BackColor property.  By common I mean, that lotsa VB-users
(including me) had to learn that the hard way.

A Command Button has five colors, of which only the background color can be
set by the properties.  Though you need a looking glass to see a command-
button's BackColor ;-), because the background is merely made up of the four
pixels at the corners of the button.
The four other colors, the ButtonText, the ButtonFace, the ButtonShade and
the ButtonEdge are -as Dave Hunt states- windows system colors which cannot
be set for a particular command-button.

Rudy.
--
# Rudy Muller. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . Digital Equipment Corporation #

# Phone: +31 55 434195 . . . . . . . . . . 7300AE Apeldoorn, Netherlands #
# (home)  Havezatelaan 3,  7414GD Deventer,  Netherlands  +31 5700 70631 #

Fri, 07 Nov 1997 03:00:00 GMT

1. Setting Backcolor on Command Buttons

2. Need help setting backcolor property of command button control in VB5

3. backcolor command button problem

4. BackColor of Command button

5. Command Button Backcolor (VB3)

6. How to change backcolor for Command Buttons

7. Wordwrap and BackColor in Command Buttons?

8. Command Button Backcolor

9. BackColor Property on Command Button

10. Backcolor of Command-Button

11. Visual Basic 4.0 - 2 Questions - Command Button Backcolor, Public Statement

12. Command button BackColor