Working directory from a VB program
Author Message
 Working directory from a VB program

I know that I have seen this somewhere.  How do I get the working
directory for a VB app.  I want to create a number of different ini
files and icons and set the working directory to match the icon.  In the
vb code I want to access the working directory to get the ini file
values.

Thu, 17 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Working directory from a VB program

Quote:

> I know that I have seen this somewhere.  How do I get the working
> directory for a VB app.  I want to create a number of different ini
> files and icons and set the working directory to match the icon.  In the
> vb code I want to access the working directory to get the ini file
> values.

In VB 4 you use App.Path.

Marek

Fri, 18 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT
 Working directory from a VB program

Quote:
>> I know that I have seen this somewhere.  How do I get the working
>> directory for a VB app.  I want to create a number of different ini
>> files and icons and set the working directory to match the icon.  In the
>> vb code I want to access the working directory to get the ini file
>> values.
>In VB 4 you use App.Path.

No, that's the app's path, not the working dir. Use CurDir$() when you
start up to get the working dir.

--
Newbiehood is not a period of time, it's a way of life.

http://www.sn.no/~balchen/
ftp://ftp.sn.no/user/balchen/

Sat, 19 Sep 1998 03:00:00 GMT

1. Changing the working directory of programs from VB (?)

2. Inserting Program Item into Program Group: Working Directory Problem

3. How to get working directory of program?

4. Working Directories under VB

5. VB program causes directory lock on NT

6. Locking <program>.dll in VB.net when working on web projects

7. vb programming work from home

8. Packaged VB program won't work

9. vb programming work from home

10. +++ISO:VB Developer for Windows Program (Contract Work)+++

11. VB 5.0 my program work in IDE but the .exe crash

12. Working on a VB program togeather via E-Mail