.Can you recommend a good vb.net book?
Author Message
 .Can you recommend a good vb.net book?

I am looking for a reference book for  vb.net.
By "reference" I mean I don't want a book with a lot of extraneous verbage.
The book should have tables of all events, methods, controls, etc.
And a short description of the language, WITH EXAMPLES.

I have other vb programming books, but none of them is reliable as an easy
quick source to check the syntax of a command, etc.

help!

thanks

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 12:17:21 GMT
 .Can you recommend a good vb.net book?
Almost everybody here is using VB6 or lower. While you may get a stray
answer to VB.NET questions here, you should ask them in newsgroups
devoted exclusively to .NET programming. Look for newsgroups with the
word "dotnet" in their name. For the microsoft news server, try these
newsgroups...

microsoft.public.dotnet.general
microsoft.public.dotnet.languages.vb

For the news.devx.com news server, try these

vb.dotnet.discussion
vb.dotnet.technical

There are some others, but these should get you started.

Rick

Quote:
> I am looking for a reference book for  vb.net.
> By "reference" I mean I don't want a book with a lot of extraneous
verbage.
> The book should have tables of all events, methods, controls, etc.
> And a short description of the language, WITH EXAMPLES.

> I have other vb programming books, but none of them is reliable as an
easy
> quick source to check the syntax of a command, etc.

> help!

> thanks

Sun, 20 Mar 2005 16:00:39 GMT

1. Any good VB.NET book recommend?

2. Can anyone recommend a good book for learining VB.NET

3. Recommend good books on VB 5.0

4. Recommended VB.NET book for experienced student?

5. Can you recommend a VB.NET book ??

6. Plug for VB Black Book - recommended VB book

7. Find good book about using CR.NET with VS.NET and .NET Framework

8. Can anyone recommend a good book?

9. Can anyone recommend a good book on VBA?

10. Recommend good books?

11. Recommend a good VBScript reference book

12. Recommend a good book